What are you reading?

Somehow, that sounds familiar…who’s the author? You can find some of the best books in the children’s section at the library.

Also, THE MISSING PIECE by Shel Silverstein, in the 800s at a library hits close to home for both children and adults. Ditto THE WALL by Eve Bunting. It is about the Vietnam War Memorial. Brings tears to anyone who reads it. I highly recommend both.

You people are making me feel dumb. I read nonstop when I get a good book, but no one will help me pick one out, so I rarely read.

So copy this page, go to the bookstore, buy some of them, read.

Gotta finish the one i’m reading now, then I wana read frankenstine. I would like to read somthing by Hobes and Loke but I think it will be over my head, and prob kinda boring.

Edit: I need to finish it today so I’m off to read…

P.B. Kerr

damned muggle.

I really like the Philip Pullman books too.

LOL. I read the first four and really enjoyed them, then just suddenly lost interest. Perhaps because they were getting darker with each one.

I’m an avid reader but sometimes get bored with my own book choices. This is my way of finding new books. I usually do this in person but this thread is even better because, I guess, this is a more diverse group. If you have any genres you like best, I be glad to help you pick. But, truly, do print this out and hit a bookstore!

True. The series is no longer for kids though I don’t think many parents realize that. I’d never read it aloud to a class. I can imagine the phone call from irate parents whose kids had nightmares.

I also like techno-thrillers, like Tom Clancy’s books, and Patrick Robinson. I’m sure there are others of this genre but I don’t know of them. These 2 guys are great,though.

What makes the books techno?

Psychoanalysis: From Practice to Theory w/ Jorge Canestri as the editor. Very dull, but I am also reading Tennysons complete works.

Must reads?

I was really depressed when Allistair MacLean died. I enjoyed his books. The same with John D. McDonald and the Travis McGee series.

Actually ,THE DA VINCI CODE is a good FICTIONAL read. And, speaking as a Catholic (not of good standing - a point of pride…!) I want to read anything that stirs up the Church like this book did!

Tony Hillerman’s books about the southwest are good summer reads and you get to learn about the area’s culture along the way.

Tennyson…yes. Canestri…probably not for this crowd.

I don’t mean to be silly but do you pick dull books or do you enjoy such technical material?

Should I put on a smoking jacket and light my pipe before posting about literature?