What is growing in your yard?

This variety is about 30 inches tall. Cut flowers floated in a bowl of water will last at least a week. Smells like old lady perfume but not over

2 Likes

Thank you. I tried to grow miniature roses in the front planter. I thought maybe too much direct Sun and not enough water. But ferns grew luxuriantly 3 feet away in the same conditions. Larger rose bushes in indirect Sun grow well in back.

Queen89’s Purslane sounds good. endures full Sun. If some can consider Purslane a weed, maybe I can’t kill it off! Another succulent - Jade plants have similar but larger leaves and do very well here even in neglected pots.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it seems I have poison ivy growing in my yard. I’ve seen it in the surrounding area for years, but now… uggg!
I am highly sensitive to it, and have ended up pretty miserable with past exposures.
I bought some 30% vinegar to see if I could discourage it without harsh chemicals I don’t want near my pup, but it seems pretty unfazed.
I might need to find someone who does professional removal…?

1 Like

Best option is to cut it and stick cut end into a coke bottle (or such) filled with vinegar. It will soak it up clear down to the roots and kill it. Plant by plant, unfortunately. Chemicals still won’t kill it in one go. I wish I could help you out! I am not allergic to it.

Mmmm, raspberries! Will they come back year after year in a pot? I took mine out about two years ago. They were red and black. Plenty for both me and the birds.

1 Like

Nope. Not by me. I will pass and stick to fresh spinach.

I for some reason don’t get poison ivy. ( I smacked myself in the head for you) If you lived closer I’d RIP it out. The sap is the problem. If you wash, soap and water, every 30 minutes or so most people are fine. In hot weather pores seem to be more open and susceptible to sap. With Severe allergic reactions, washing, even barrier creams may not help.
If it makes you feel better, Horseradish will lay me out for 2 days.

2 Likes

Bee balm

1 Like

Asian Lilies in Cranberry Wine

1 Like

One of my favorites

2 Likes

Yes. This is my 2nd year in a pot.

1 Like

My English Cukes are growing! Looks like I will need to move the pot to a fence line…