What is growing in your yard?

My corn is already 6” tall and I planted it 2 weeks ago. I’m super impressed with Kentucky’s soil and climate ability to grow things.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Not that i m aware of. I did buy it on the 19th…with the sale and discount it was 190.66 + free shipping …score !

3 Likes

Looks great! U r going 2 have a great harvest!

2 Likes

Could you share how many dandelions it takes? I’ve been thinking of making tinctures and jams and other such things. Wondering if I can make something with all the red clover I have growing around here.

2 Likes

@CharlotteJanesMommy - Any idea what the awesome black
eared bunny with eyeliner is? Variant of a French “Blanc de Hotot?”

2 Likes

Yes, that’s it!! Thank you :blush:

I will have to be really careful about those berries when they start dropping, and a curious FunHouseDog :grimacing:
Should probably have it cut back beyond the fence line, although it’s so prolific it’ll probably come right back…

Although Hawthorne would’ve been pretty cool, I remember having all kinds of Haw candy from Chinatown as a child and it was always so delicious, like the best fruit leather you’d ever had!

Got closer pics today:

4 Likes

They are pretty flowers. Too bad it is such an aggressive plant it is labeled a weed.
Talk about being blamed for over achieving!
:smile:

3 Likes

Those “Haw Flakes” you mention = tasty treats. Turns out they are still made and available on Walmart and Amazon but marked way up. Should be far cheaper in the markets as you remembered. Probably still sold there. Basically compacted dried fruit. Not a terrible treat. Just the right balance of fruity tart and sweet. Not as sour as tamarind candies. Not too much sugar either. Soften upon chewing. But subject from time to time for seizure by the FDA in the past. It was for the colorant they used including carmine and similar reddish colorings. Odd though because the same were permitted as food colors in the US.

Source fruit: Crataegus pinnatifida Crab Apple - like also known as mountain hawthorn, Chinese haw, Chinese hawthorn or Chinese hawberry (I did not know this until look up)

Haw flake candy

Available

3 Likes

She’s actually purportedly a “lion head cross” (that’s her mom — a broken red) but has no long hair and none of the kits did either. Neither did the buck I was shown when I purchased the mom so who knows what breed the doe I bought is. I bred the doe to my mom’s New Zealand white Buck. So, just a broken black Charlie. She has 2 teeny black spots on her back.
the rest of the kits in the kindle are: a solid chestnut buck, a broken chestnut buck, a broken lilac tort doe, a broken lilac tort (or broken blue tort) doe, and a broken chestnut doe.

3 Likes

My dog dug up my basil plant, lavender plant and all the wildflower seeds I planted. I am so mad

1 Like

If you can breed more of her, you could have a winning competitor that out shines the admired Blanc de Hotot from France.

2 Likes

Like a Hotot with black ears? I’ve been brainstorming for a new breed or variety to try to get a COD on. I was thinking of an actual velveteen lop. Like an English lop with Rex fur. But English lop are hard to breed and keep alive as it is. I need actual space for development though. Right now I have two does and a Buck and I’m breeding for meat.

2 Likes

Here is inspiration. You can be celebrated!

They gave a small grant program too! They may want to work with you. Best wishes if you do. You might consider crossing her with a Blac de Hotot if she is unique and select for the colored ears and eyes.

1 Like

Are you sure it wasn’t a giant squirrel?

4 Likes

This is what happens if you overachieve
Spa treatments for dogs
Squirrel Tail!

4 Likes

Its close 2 hay balin time…never jnow when… they just show up and do their thing

2 Likes

Check your order status. They marked one of mine as “Cancelled” and I had to contact CS to get things fixed. If they already charged you and you didn’t get an email, you should be ok.

1 Like

Thanks 4 the heads up…i just did, said it is in transit with fedex…i also got the sprout 4 $25…going 2 gift that :smile:

1 Like

She flowered in March and her pups are ready for harvesting. :black_cat: :black_cat:

3 Likes