What is the best use for a fruit cake received as a gift?

Old tires?!

Only if they take me where the Fruitcakes are!

page front GIF

4 Likes

Break ins?!

Get ready for me!

man prevails GIF

2 Likes

Donate to charity? Absolutely.

Family Love GIF by J.B. Kinard

3 Likes

Monte: Why do you have a fruitcake on the floor?

Mort: I’m training it to be a doorstop.

Monte: Is it working?

Mort: Not sure. If not, I taught it self defense in case of a break in.

Drop Mic GIF by Captain Obvious

2 Likes

Feeding it to the wild animals & birds!:paw_prints::metal:t3::heartpulse:
fruit GIF by Dead Set on Life

2 Likes

Pavers for a patio…1000 year half life

3 Likes

Well I came prepared to suggest that it be used as a doorstop, but a couple of dozen people beat me to it. Others seem to like the stuff. I must admit that I’ve never had homemade fruitcake. Maybe that’s edible. Hmmm.

3 Likes

Target practice! Arrows, darts, throwing knives, hatchets…

3 Likes

“By Grabthar’s hammer, by the suns of Worvan, you shall be avenged.”

2 Likes

I highly agree!!!

1 Like

Infuse with favorite alcohol over a week. Give it a daily drink (feel free to join in as some famous chefs do) to moisten instead of soaking. My rum or whiskey cakes are always post bake infused. A favorite among many.

OR try a sous vide experiment. I would but I didn’t get a fruitcake this year.

2 Likes

File 13. Fruitcake should always go into file 13 as it’s not edible.

2 Likes

back to the future GIF

2 Likes

Doorstop.

1 Like

Doorstop

Depends. I think I received a re-gifted, old, fruitcake. It was dry and not good.

OTH, my mom gives me fruitcake almost every year. She prepares all year by candying her own fruits. And of course she has her own special recipe she bakes. Once it’s baked she will let it cool and dry a bit, then douse cheesecloth with brandy…mmhmm, yeah… then wrap the little loaves in the cheesecloth and wrap it all up. The fruitcake absorbs the brandy (or cognac). It’s amazing. One year she made a lighter bread with macadamia nuts and candied tropical fruit. If you don’t even like good fruitcake, you might like her tropical fruitcake. W/ really good rum of course.

6 Likes

please send me one

2 Likes

Give it all to my mother. She loves it.

1 Like

Stuckey’s!

2 Likes

Every few years I forget how much time and work it takes and I make a batch of fruit cake from scratch. I think they are pretty good and are generally well-received (although I have polite friends) . Of course, mine have fruit that has soaked in rum for weeks and then the cakes themselves are steeped in more rum as they age, so by the time they are ready, I generally recommend not driving immediately after opening one up. That might make a difference…

8 Likes