What is the number of acceptable throw/decorative pillows on a bed?

I think the number is zero. My wife thinks it’s the six that came with our bed set. So when I’m falling-down tired, I have to remove and store six pillows and a decorative comforter from the bed first before I can get in bed. By the time I finally do, I’m beyond tired. Think Night of the Living Dead.

Tired Memento Mori GIF

15 Likes

A throw pillow gets thrown on the floor

12 Likes

The answer is zero for a bed and maybe two for the couch and one of the couch pillows should be this one:

nicholas cage pillow GIF

9 Likes

They’re pretty. I’m a bed-maker-every-morning sort, so I could have decorative pillows, but I’m too lazy and, frankly, cheap. But they do look nice. If it brings you satisfaction, I say go for it. Life is short, have as many pillows as you want :wink:

9 Likes

As much as I love the look, my dogs refuse to let me have nice things and assume that pillows are nothing but oversized chew toys.
We The Kings Pillow Fight GIF by Demi Lovato

6 Likes

I think they are okay for the guest bedroom (no more than 3 tops) and maybe a couple on the couch…
Please none on my bed, pillows are for your head.

To each his own though.

Sleepy Good Night GIF by Pudgy Penguins

8 Likes

Don’t they just end up being floor pillows at the end of the day!

Tired Good Night GIF by Max

9 Likes

Decorative pillows in bed? I prefer biscuits.
biscuits makin GIF

15 Likes

The interior decorating gene skipped me, therefore my “throw” pillows are just pillows.

madam secretary elizabeth GIF by CBS

12 Likes

Me = 0
Spouse =
:infinity:

9 Likes

If you have a place to store the pillows easily while the bed is being used, as many as that location can hold well (not toppling over at the slightest touch or breeze). Otherwise, the correct answer is none. Function > Form.

But also, to each their own I guess:
Gossiping Ron Swanson GIF by Parks and Recreation

8 Likes

I wouldn’t mind one (maybe two?) accent pillows on the bed, but more than that is silly - or signals that the bed is for looking at, not sleeping on.
Looks good for pictures or decorating shows, but real life? …just ostentatious & annoying.

Luxury Pillows GIF by Bunim/Murray Productions

10 Likes

Eh, I don’t see any reason for them on a bed… nobody else is going to see my bed, so why do I are if it’s decorated. And even having throw pillows on the couch seems mostly useless… most folks end up moving them out of their way to sit down anyway, but I understand the couch ones a little more since they can add some color or whatever. But I’m no interior designer… so there’s no reason to listen to me.

10 Likes

I am a 5 pillow woman. Two for him, two for me, last pillow is for we (decoration). The manufacturer doesn’t have to be the same but they do need to have the same pillow cases if they are a similar size.

8 Likes

Got to have pillows for a pillow fight… C’MON now…

Community Fighting GIF

4 Likes

It’s the anniversary but with the cake feels like a birthday here on Woot! Thanks for the greeting :wave:

7 Likes

Smaller pillows for a couch can be usefull. If your couch has a tight back & so do you, it may give some lumbar support. If you want to lie down (either flat or side lie) can help under the head & neck.

8 Likes

ned flanders pillow GIF

5 Likes

Pillows! We don’t need no stinkin’ pillows!

5 Likes

If they are decorative, they serve no purpose. What would you want to decorate your bed anyway? Is that where you are going to entertain guests? If you are, the pillows will be hitting the floor anyway!!!

6 Likes