What number am I thinking of?

What number am I thinking of?

1 Like

7 Likes

That’s right :exclamation: :clap:
Know thy Adams’ guides :night_with_stars: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

Hey Raccoon, that’s cheating, giving the answer even before stating the problem. Or was that :five: unintentional?
Anyway, please deliver my BOC to the address known to Woot :laughing:

1 Like

You may want to review your basic math, this is an order of operations problem so if you just do it from left to right you will get the wrong answer (5).

One of the easiest ways to remember the order of operations is to use the acronym: PEMDAS (parenthesis, exponents, multiplication, division, addition, subtraction). This acronym has been turned into several different pneumonic devices over the years in order for children to quickly memorize the order of operations. When I was a child, which is still what is taught today, is the phrase was “ P lease e xcuse m y d ear A unt S ally.” This helps children to remember the order of operations and how they should be solved within a problem.

Doing it in the correct order of operations gives the correct answer (11) and we all know that 11 is louder than 10.

No need to thank me

Should have waited until March 14 for this question

Well, at first it was 47 but that wasn’t right. It was supposed to be 42, but 7 sounded better and is that nachos you smell?

Nachos. Final answer.

1 Like

Green

The same number of golden rings in the old Xmas song.

Order of operations tells you to perform multiplication and division first, working from left to right , before doing addition and subtraction. Continue to perform multiplication and division from left to right . Next, add and subtract from left to right .

You can thank me now. I insist!

1 Like