What’s the best use for old tires?

Flower bed

1 Like

Grind them up and mix them into asphalt for new roads. Grind them up and use to augment the aggregate used in rail beds. Form into speed humps or curb stops. Fuel the furnaces used to cook the lime for making cement.

We have many ways of reusing them, but all the processes combined cannot keep up with the rate in which we discard them. Which is pretty much true for all waste we generate, and has more to do with economic viability.

4 Likes

I remember when they were used as playground and after-school daycare toys. I broke my arm jumping over a line of them standing up in a row. Not the best use but it was fun. What happened to tire swings and sitting on a tire?

2 Likes

Grind them up and use them in roadways.

2 Likes

Making structures to help rebuild coral reefs and provide a safe environment for the ocean’s residents. :+1:

2 Likes

From my hippie days - make sandals from them.

3 Likes

Mulch for landscaping. You can buy it in different colors.

3 Likes

Ground up for use on new roads,

1 Like

If you’re in Akron…

3 Likes

Came here to say the same thing! Especially underneath children’s play equipment.

1 Like

Why does it have to be a rope swing? A chain works just as well.

1 Like

Getting all fancy with a chain are we? Ropes aren’t good enough? Sounds elitist.

1 Like

They are used best to make roads more quiet - at least they do a remarkable job of that here in Arizona. :relaxed:

1 Like

Feral cat houses.

13 Likes

They’re great for transporting an engine or when you have many engines but only one stand/hoist.

download

5 Likes

4 Likes

Mulch for landscaping

1 Like

Reclaim that trapped oil.

1 Like

Lighting a BBQ.

1 Like

Boat bumpers! They also make a dandy track material.

1 Like