What’s the best use for old tires?

Don’t know if they still do it but they used to shred them and use them on playgrounds instead of woodchips. Alot less splinters!

2 Likes

Soles for shoes! I had a pair that utilized that. Very comfy and I was super fast. Supposed to last for 60,000 miles.

3 Likes

During the spring and summer we paint old tires, fill with potting soil and use them as planters up and down the block. Very effective!

1 Like

Fill them up with water and let them sit. Start your own mosquito farm!

2 Likes

The very best use!!! Dog beds made from used tires!!!

9 Likes

Paint them white, bury them halfway in the ground one next to another, and you have a red neck fence.

1 Like

Did just this, big Tractor tire in which I completely fit inside without bending much, I was probably 10 years old, didnt break my back, was fun AF. I WOULD TOTALLY NOT LET MY KIDS DO THIS, was fun for me, not for the next dude who was not able to remain inside and got YEETED and got a good 1 to 2 seconds of air time. He didnt break his back either but I 100% consider both of us lucky.

4 Likes

That’s why they call it “rubber cement”

2 Likes

Growing potatoes. Start with one tire and the potatoes start growing inside the tire and the plant grows up and out ,stack another tire and the same thing happens. Just keep adding soil in the center.
When harvesting the potatoes are all in the tires.
That’s recycling year after year. :potato:

5 Likes

Check out my suggestion, if you enjoy growing your own veggies!

3 Likes

I think my local park has its pathways made from recycled rubber. I wish recycling in general was easier and cheaper so we’d see more of it. :frowning:

2 Likes

Throw them on your roof so the shingles don’t blow

7 Likes

Roads. Used as a component of asphalt.

Doc Brown Fly GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

or tires

3 Likes

tire GIF

4 Likes

Ihave wondered if they could be cut in “tiles” to make a roof.

3 Likes

Growing stuff has already been suggested, but nobody suggested Turing them inside out first!
See: How to turn used car tire into a flower pot - YouTube

2 Likes

recycled into playground mats, or used to supplement new asphalt roadways.

2 Likes

Absolutely! Easy hilling for taters. I’ve had potatoes run 3 feet from where they were ‘suposed’ to be. Ugh!

1 Like

Making a raft for when you’re “Stranded Deep.”