someone took “jiggle the handle” a little too seriously

7 Likes

I dunno…
I didn’t watch the video… lol

1 Like

Hmmm…
Sounds like you may know something…

5 Likes

Someone trying to improvise a recreational smoking device…?

6 Likes

Or trying to get rid of some serious germs? Kill them, kill them all!

4 Likes

Were you trying out some new technology?

Perhaps it had something to do with one of our animal friends:

EcON

Maybe someone didn’t pay their water bill:

Or maybe the toilets were all in use so they resorted to other methods…

8M2T

6 Likes

if it’s anything like our restroom at work, someone was trying to get the bleepity bleeping hot water to finally run!

6 Likes

Could it have something to do with a caffeinated sloth?

4 Likes

…ok now I’m starting to wonder if My tired brain imagined the sloth thing

1 Like

6 Likes

5 Likes

Seems like someone pulled up like a fighter pilot.

Except not like a fighter pilot for obvious inverse reasons.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure the warranty just ended on that Kohler and they are designed to automatically break the day after

4 Likes

I’m not sure I even want to know what goes on in the ladies’ restroom.
Just head over to Tools Garage Sale and get one before they’re all gone.

FLOW Hands-Free Motion Sensing Faucet

4 Likes

Pit fighting, mostly. It’s how we decide who gets to use the stalls first when things get busy. I’m pretty sure a thrown body is how that faucet broke, now that I think about it.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Important relevant questions:

• Was this faucet working/leaking on [last business day]?
  • Was there water anywhere?
  • Is this a single serve bathroom?
    • Yes - WTF
    • No:
      • Does the area around this specific sink (above and below counter) look cleaner than the other sink(s) next to it?
      • Do the other faucets have any marks on them?
  • Does the counter have any marks on it?
  • Are the scratches on the handle new to you?
  • Were there any other maintenance issues in the bathroom that needed to be fixed?

Looking at this thing, the cold water line looks like it broke/sheered off so it would have likely sprayed water everywhere until someone shut off the water to the faucet. If the scratches on the handle are new then my guess is that someone went into the bathroom and hit the handle on the faucet with something hard enough to break the cold water connector.

So they turn off the water and clean up the area that got sprayed. Then they take apart the faucet to figure out what happened. Probably didn’t have a replacement faucet so instead of putting it back together and have people repeatedly call maintenance to fix it because they keep trying to use it, they left it in pieces so everyone know’s it’s broken. Also, this happened on the weekend so they probably didn’t want to spend too much time on it and just left it as is to save time.

Or your cleaning crew hired the hulk and they were trying to clean off the calcium buildup from under the faucet and destroyed it instead.

HULK SCRUB!

7 Likes

6 Likes

Faucet drips, so you press down on the handle to get it to shut off.

DRIP. It keeps dripping, so you push down harder.

DRIP DRIP. It still won’t quit… a reasonable person would have quit here, but you’re certainly no reasonable person.

DRIP DRIP DRIP. You focus on pressing down the handle with all of your might to get the incessant dripping to give you at least a moments reprieve… but no.

DRIP DRIP DRIP DRIP. That’s IT. The dripping MUST stop, or the world must end. You back against the wall, and lunge as hard as you can against the handle. There is a loud cracking noise, as the screws are pulled from the holes and the metal hose actually snaps. You are covered in water, but you no longer care. The dripping MUST stop.

Just then, you notice a shutoff valve beneath the counter. “Well, that was easy” you think as you get back to work.

8 Likes

This one made me laugh.

2 Likes