What the WOOT! Invalid Coupon Code?

I just tried to use my coupon code from the Woot Charter Member certificate and I got a message saying the coupon code was invalid!

I don’t remember using it, so what the heck?

In fact I just checked my account history and, no, I did NOT use it. THere was no mention of expiration or anything that I was aware of. So what gives?

Now all I have left is an empty feeling and a certificate (suitable for framing) saying I am member 0000459, and NO FREE SHIPPING CODE. Feels hollow inside, so cold.

Mini choppers, warm me with your whirling shredding action.

[quote user=“Firebert”]I just tried to use my coupon code from the Woot Charter Member certificate and I got a message saying the coupon code was invalid!

I don’t remember using it, so what the heck?

In fact I just checked my account history and, no, I did NOT use it. THere was no mention of expiration or anything that I was aware of. So what gives?

Now all I have left is an empty feeling and a certificate (suitable for framing) saying I am member 0000459, and NO FREE SHIPPING CODE. Feels hollow inside, so cold.

Mini choppers, warm me with your whirling shredding action.

[/quote]

Well, it was free shipping for woot!, right? Not, say a free shipping code for a site known as woot! 2.0?

[quote]So why Woot 2.0? What was wrong with the old site?
Of course, Woot has always been perfect, but now it’s even more perfect. We’re on a fancy-shmancy server farm now, so server errors will be far less common once we’ve ironed out all the bugs. We’ve reduced the number of clicks to buy products and navigate around the site – for instance, the product description is now on the front page. We’ve added a more robust forum setup, along with a blog. And it looks a lot better now, too.[/quote]

I don’t feel invalidating coupon codes would qualify as more perfect. Does anyone have a valid reason for why this might be?

I apologize for invading your forum up front, but feel this is worth while and will only take 15 seconds away from a chat.

Give the Gift of Site

Please donate any used pair of prescription glasses to help both children and adults that cannot afford clear vision, to see for the first time.

Not asking for money, just one pair (or as many as you can find laying around [h] ) to help people that cannot afford to see.

I will post pictures and stories from the Sonora, MX mission I will be on in September off site to show you what your contributions meant to the people in need.

Please send them to;

Luxottica Retail
Attn: Woody1
4000 Luxottica Place
Mason, OH 45040

I appreciate woot for allowing this to post, and the person with the most pairs sent in by Sept 12th, (nudge factor coming, and send them all together please, so they can be counted) will get a package worth over $500 including a new Home Toshiba DVD Recorder and Dell 5.1 speaker set. This comes out of my pocket; this is just one of many, and I do mean many, charities I try to support.

[quote user=“Binaural”]

Well, it was free shipping for woot!, right? Not, say a free shipping code for a site known as woot! 2.0?[/quote]

Awwwww…

My charter membership coupon is expired? =(

Well, it was free shipping for woot!, right? Not, say a free shipping code for a site known as woot! 2.0?

I don’t feel invalidating coupon codes would qualify as more perfect. Does anyone have a valid reason for why this might be?

I apologize for invading your forum up front, but feel this is worth while and will only take 15 seconds away from a chat.

Give the Gift of Site

Please donate any used pair of prescription glasses to help both children and adults that cannot afford clear vision, to see for the first time.

Not asking for money, just one pair (or as many as you can find laying around [h] ) to help people that cannot afford to see.

I will post pictures and stories from the Sonora, MX mission I will be on in September off site to show you what your contributions meant to the people in need.

Please send them to;

Luxottica Retail
Attn: Woody1
4000 Luxottica Place
Mason, OH 45040

I appreciate woot for allowing this to post, and the person with the most pairs sent in by Sept 12th, (nudge factor coming, and send them all together please, so they can be counted) will get a package worth over $500 including a new Home Toshiba DVD Recorder and Dell 5.1 speaker set. This comes out of my pocket; this is just one of many, and I do mean many, charities I try to support.

Awwwww…

My charter membership coupon is expired? =(