What time does Woot go off of?

nope.

The test pattern I remember was just one of those circles. I don’t remember the Indian or the numbers.

quote user=“pooflady”

The test pattern I remember was just one of those circles. I don’t remember the Indian or the numbers./quote

you didn’t have an HDTV, is all.

or yours was an old one, a CRT with just a round video signal and no corners

The latter probably. I remember our first TV. I was 7 years old. An Admiral. Edward R. Murrow. Saturday Night Fights, John Cameron Swazey.

I believe it was also known as a radio.

No, but I remember listening to the radio. Not songs on the radio, radio programs. The Teddy Bears Picnic was one I listened to all the time.

I’m still waiting for real TV to be invented . . .

ever seen Radio Days?

ever seen Radio Days?
[/quote]

No. Never cared much for Woody Allen.

pooflady said something along the lines of:

it’s not like most of his work… except i haven’t seen most of his work… it’s not what i would consider a typical Woody Allen movie, though…

Then get your butt down to that station and get an internship!!!
Our local news is getting more and more superficial. I think the cable news station is better.
Are you a senior yet? You need an internship.
KT lives in New England. I’m outside NYC. Daughter had two internships with ABC news, which we thought was really good, since we have no conections in that industry. She can’t start in NYC, maybe she should have taken the cable news one. You are production, you might be able to start in a bigger market. If you have a good station where you live try to get in.

don’twantaname advised:

i just started my sophmore year, but i do want to try and get on with that station within a year or so… but i have a really good job for school right now, so i’m going to try and get on with our student radio station (voted best radio station in the market for 2005 by readers of the alternative newspaper here!)… i did finally hear back from the GM, and he said they’d try to get me in the next round of DJ training/FCC licensing…

you’re daughter’s in journalism/media/communication/broadcasting?

Journalism, would like to do broadcast journalism. The school tv news is the only news outlet for Ithaca.
She has been doing radio and TV since freshman year. Sounds good with the news , still sounds like a college kid when she dj’s. A report she did in TV news was on a show that won an emmy for best produced student news show.
She is planning to give it a few years and if it doesn’t work she will try law school, which is what she wanted going into college.
ABC only asked about the TV and radio stuff in her interviews for the internships.

wow, that’s pretty cool. i’m sure she’ll have to start in smaller market areas; you’ve gotta pay yer dues… but if she’s good it won’t take too long before she can move to the bigger (and better paying) areas… our good station has one or two reporters who might be in their late 20s or around 30, but most are in their 30s or older… that’s partially because we’re a top 30 market, but a lot also has to do with demographics of a region… one student event i went to the tv reporters who came said that a lot of hiring depends on what kinds of people are in a region (age, race, etc.) and they try to get people on TV who fit that demographic… so they say don’t take it personally if we find it difficult at some points to get work… my teachers have also told me to be prepared to be fired… not that it’s anything personal but it will happen…

There’s always the Worst Woot Ever Anthem…