whatcha eatin? II

I took my mother to a Chinese buffet for her birthday. It was 8 hours ago, and I am still bloated and miserable. It was good, though. I had frog legs for the first time. She grew up eating them and said they were a real treat for her family. I liked them very much, although she said they could have been a bit browner.

Met my sister and nephews in Columbus because they have tickets to The Rolling Stones tonight, so we drove up for lunch. Red Robin because they don’t have one where they live and always come to ours when they’re here. So…mushroom swiss burger and broccoli. I’ve never seen any other place pile so many mushrooms on a burger.

I <3 mushrooms.
Last night - portobella mushroom burgers with rosemary aioli.

I have to agree, mushrooms are tasty.

Braised short ribs with feta fondue, and fatoush, wrapped up in na’an bread. It was okay, but I wouldn’t order it again.

The recipe is called rusty chicken thighs. Done on the grill. Pretty easy and pretty good.

Trader Joe’s Steak and Ale pies
Roasted Brussels Sprouts

The brussels sprouts look really yummy.

Sprinkled with some Penzey’s Roasted Garlic and Northwoods Fire.

Just finished making macaroni salad which will be accompanied by hot dogs.

Bunless Cheeseburgers
Stuffed Zucchini Boats

Taco Tuesday…

coconut cookies and an apple

Sesame noodles and a nectarine.

From Old Carolina Barbecue…in Akron Ohio.

Tar Heel Dogs…hot dogs, beans, cole slaw…

And Cheerwine

Mmmmm Cheerwine! I haven’t had that in a long time!
Today, having corn dogs!

Bought a case!

Went to a graduation party. Had burnt hot dogs, German potato salad that was cold, pasta salad that really needed more dressing, and macaroni and cheese that desperately needed salt. Other than that…

Never had it, never heard of it, but I think I would like it, but these days carbonation is out, so I will never know.

Had high hopes for some grilled pork chops with a rub that promised to be the best ever. Eh. Okay, but won’t make again. However…strawberry shortcake coming up for desssert!