whatcha eatin'?

Awww, this isn’t a hard meal - you could do it!!

Yellow squash tastes pretty much like zucchini - and when it’s roasted it gets sweet, tender and delish! I seasoned it simply with s&p, evoo, and garlic powders.

The turkey meatloaf recipe is soooo good! Always comes out moist and with a lot of flavor, and the veggies in there give it extra nutrition and keep it from being too dense or heavy.

Here is the basic recipe (although it’s super easy to adapt and make changes):

3 Likes

Grilled Chicken Apple burgers and onion rings.

Different spin. Not bad!

2 Likes

I cook down yellow crookneck squash with onions in a tiny bit of butter with pinches of salt & pepper. Yummy! (Most important for foods to be easy & quick as I can’t stand for a long time to watch the cooking process, but it has to taste good, too!)

2 Likes

Yum! Add that to some scrambled eggs for a really tasty meal!

3 Likes

You won’t believe this, but I’ve done that! Sometimes ya gotta put a little bravery in that pan, don’t ya!?

2 Likes

Scrambled eggs over fried zucchini is one of my favorite quickie meals.
Top with a sprinkle of “Everything But The Bagel” seasoning!

3 Likes

Sounds good!
How do you fry your zucchini? Breaded? Dry? EVOO?
And yeah, eggs are often the answer to “What else can I put in there?!”

1 Like

Just plain - rounds or quartered. Stir fry in Butter, EVOO, or a combo of the 2 - depending on what else I’m combining them into.

Breaded zuc is yummy, but I would usually order that when out as a treat - not make at home.

2 Likes

I’d rather taste the vegetable & not have any breading. I prefer my own cooking to others’ veggies usually.

2 Likes

Roasted Chicken Thigh, on a bed of Couscous with Cheesy Mashed Broccoli; and Roasted Carrots and (Cards Against Humanity) Onions on the side.

5 Likes

That’s a huge thigh.

1 Like

LOL, it was an odd shape - but about average in size. Might be the angle, or that the slices were spread.
The carrots (quartered) and the onions were really small, so that probably adds to the effect. :sparkles:

1 Like

Filet mignon shish kabab, grill cooked beans, deviled eggs.It’s BBQ Sunday.

Bless those in the path of Ida.

EDIT: Beans are spicy. Whew! Very spicy.

5 Likes

Everytime I see this forum, I am eating pizza - wonder how those two worlds keeps crossing

3 Likes

Greek Lemon Chicken with Sun Dried Tomatoes & Kalamata Olives, over Orzo with Crumbled Feta and Goat Cheeses.

4 Likes

BLTs, with this

My hand is spread!!

5 Likes

:bacon: :leafy_green: :tomato:
:drooling_face:

4 Likes

Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom!

3 Likes

Our tomatoes aren’t nearly that size this year but they’re darn near perfect. Round, no blossom rot, no cracks, completely red inside with small seeds. I’ve been eating them every day. On BLTs, on tuna fish, on grilled cheese, and just sliced and salted.

6 Likes

That is awesome!

There have not been any Squirrel thieves this year for me.

4 Likes