What's the most you'd pay for a Bag o' Crap?

Perhaps a Woot milestone. On your Woot birthday you can purchase a BOC, or after logging in after a consecutive number of days.

7 Likes

It would depend on the sizeā€¦ despite the last BOC disappointments, Iā€™d still be a gambling man if i came across a super mega mondo bag of crap at a much higher price.

6 Likes

Overpay for a BoC. Thatā€™s what Iā€™d do for a Klondike Bar. But thatā€™s it. I swear.

5 Likes

Did anybody buy this & what did they get? Inquiring mindsā€¦

Edit: I see some people did buy it, but what did they get??? Tell me I need to know.

6 Likes

In addition to what @MsRepresent said just to make it easier, Woot sells these Bags of Crap for $9.99 during Woot Off sales & random times & if youā€™re lucky enough to get one (it is VERY hard) you might get some goodies in that BOC. You can see some here: Share your 2023 Craps Here! Good luck.

6 Likes

I tried looking in the Nov and Dec 2018 BOC posts and didnā€™t see much referencing this particular BOC, but lots of people got a POC (Pallet of Crap) in November! So cool!

10 Likes

Ty, but Iā€™m still curious. I wonder if they all got cancelled later or maybe it was an April Fools joke for xmas lol.

5 Likes

I didnā€™t get the Christmas one, but I have gotten some of the other special $49 ones. I canā€™t figure out why everyone thinks that Woot wants to screw them over.

Every time Iā€™ve spent the extra money for one of these, Iā€™ve gotten something good ā€“ except that one. After a couple of years of therapy, Iā€™m finally feeling better and able to forget about it.

8 Likes

Since the BOC may be exactly that, the current price is about max for me. Although there have been quite a few useful items in mine over the years, most are really things I would not have chosen to purchase even if offered up at $9.99. It is more the ā€œfunā€ factor of getting caught up in the excitement, pretty much like buying a lottery ticket only on those occasions there is a hugely hyped jackpot despite not really having any better chance.

13 Likes

It doesnā€™t really matter since I am horrible at getting a BOC. Make it a million ā€¦

5 Likes

I donā€™t remember the particulars, but the stand-out item was Senheisser wireless headphones (~$175/200).

8 Likes

I give some elseā€™s right arm for a BOC!
handy sci-fi GIF by MANGOTEETH

8 Likes

Iā€™d slap someone really hard on their sunburn to get a POCā€¦ Sooooooooo much better than a POS!!!
The Mystery Files Of Shelby Woo Nicksplat GIF by NickRewind

3 Likes

Not me. I was just curious. A couple of posts up I said I paid $30 for a random unknown box from another site. :slightly_frowning_face:

TY. Glad to hear it was real & people got some stuff.

I think Iā€™ve gotten too frugal to bite for a $50 box though.

4 Likes

Waitā€¦I canā€™t win using my phone!
That might explain a lot!

6 Likes

This is an ominous precursor to the price of a bag of crap going upā€¦

Woot is going to start using Ticketmasterā€™s ā€œdynamic pricingā€ for BoCs, I just know itā€¦

9 Likes

How was it?
Better than $2 (3?) buck Chuck?

4 Likes

who the eff is this guy? thereā€™s something about his look that has me a little disturbed.

5 Likes

The wine? lol I actually bought 2 cases a RosƩ which was ok & a case of Fangoria Sangria or something like that. Was a hit at Halloween. I think I still have a bottle in the cubbard.

4 Likes

Are you sure?
Just had my first Anniversary and no one offered me Crap.

3 Likes