What's the oldest thing in your fridge right now?

What's the oldest thing in your fridge right now?

Ok, so who ratted me out???

I bet a month is a young 'en in my fridge!

2 Likes

Glad to be with kindred spirits… Anything that goes into the fridge that’s opaque likely lives there beyond its shelf date

4 Likes

There are multiple items in my refrigerator that are over a decade old. And I have no plans to remove them.

4 Likes

If I stick my head in there… 46 years. Nearly 47.

10 Likes

Hm, got that fridge in 1997, so a few things must be at least that old.
Why are they still there? Because I am sentimental :blush:

Besides, what if one year Santa finally comes in and is REALLY HUNGRY?

3 Likes

Some of the oldest things in my refrigerator are expanding and growing this sort of fuzzy hair.
Doesn’t that make them now the newest?

5 Likes

If you don’t include an option for from “The Before Times/Pre-'VID” are you even trying to get real answers from people? Those pickles don’t judge me, so they can stay indefinitely!

9 Likes

Respect for the aged. Put a cucumber in pickle juice for a day and it is not even worth eating.
And how about Taiwanese style “1000 year old” duck eggs (even better with tofu and soy sauce).

1 Like

Condiments! All of them!

7 Likes

Exciting new flavors added each week. 100% organic. No extra charge.

2 Likes

It’s a rule that once something reaches a certain age in your fridge it’s dangerous to EVER remove it. That’s doubly true if it’s milk. Stay safe, my friends.

2 Likes

l903g8so82p31

2 Likes

Usually trying to get fresh food every week but…eggs are quite old.

I feel like a month being the last option wasn’t long enough…

3 Likes

Condiments, pickles, olives, I have film in my freezer that is at least 15 years old. There are a lot of things that last quite a long time in the fridge. Leftovers get a few days, milk goes on the date meat gets two days after it goes into the fridge, one maybe two after it is cooked. Eggs can last almost a month.

When I was in the Navy we kept eggs for almost 3 months on a Submarine by putting them in an air duct that was around 50, I’m talking all the eggs for a 3 month patrol, I know eggs keep better than one might expect.

2 Likes

if condiments count, i have many things older than 1 month. those things never go bad.

2 Likes

Oldest thing in the fridge is usually my wife, she’s always in there.

4 Likes

I do not put an age on anything in my fridge. I figure that when it is time, it will walk out of there under its own power.

7 Likes