What's the oldest thing in your fridge right now?

I used to have a half pint of mushrooms, now it’s full.

2 Likes

It was a week then I found month old yogurt uggg!

I’ve got several bottles of alcohol that have been sitting in there since I moved into this house. They’ve been slowly “draining” away in that fridge for the last 6 years and in the fridge in my old house before that. I can’t be the only one. Right?

Yogurt fermented milk product that has congealed and tastes sour. Urgh, …how is that so different than chunky lemon milk?

Course you could go full Masai and add fresh cow blood or put yak milk in a saddle bag and sit on dinner till ripe enough. On second thought, I think Amazon Pantry may be a better idea.

What in the heck…who in the heck came up with that and why in the heck would anyone eat it

I just got rid of the Thanksgiving leftovers,after 2 days, I forgot about them

the lindbergh baby

1 Like

Hot sauce. I have hot sauces in there from twenty years ago… and I still eat them every day :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

Disgusting and vile hope you don’t eat that!

Nah man… you’d be surprised at how long milk lasts after that “best by date”.

1 Like

Nomads whose lives revolve around their traveling cattle. You can look it up.
Africa for the Masai blood yogurt
Mongolia for saddle yogurt. It power Genghis Kahn’s horde. If only they had Uber Eats…

Me??? You might read again and realize I already indicated other people. So, that would be “Not me.”

However, some peoples would starve without their adaptation to adversity and no refrigeration. Forget about chilled yogurt. They had no electricity and life was very hard. But humans found a way to survive and even thrive.

Commemorative Hallmark chocolates. From 1976. Bicentennial labels for the celebration. So, 44 years old. In the freezer, but that’s part of the refrigerator, so I hope that counts.

2 Likes

Phew. I just found it. :skunk: :skull_and_crossbones:

I hear ya!! I LOVE milk!! but takes me forever to just go through a half-gallion…soooo, have found that by buying 1% lowfat milk (lactose free(lactaid) it seems to last longer than even the 2% low-fat milk did/does…and since I have gotten used to the taste, drinking “whole” milk, to me, is akin to drinking eggnog or buttermilk… ugh ugh…I DO like eggnog, in small amounts (in LOWFAT if/when I can find!) but, buttermilk!! aghaghagh!! there is only ONE thing that stuff IS good for!! Ranch Dressing!!
oh, and the oldest thing(s) on OUR fridge? who the hell knowz?? hubz is notorious for taking his leftover bbq, moving to 2nd shelf…as if the fridge cleaning fairy is going to come??? unless HE dates the bags, (not likely) there may be some in there ?? stuck in the back…HIS excuse? thought you may want to feed to the dogs?? (we raw feed our dogs, and every now and then, they MAY get cooked meat as a “treat”!! but not often!!) but, I do have some of my fav Clausen pickles in there!! they’re prob 6-8mo old…?? we don’t put olives in fridge… neither of us like them cold…and as long as we don’t use a utensil and put in our mouth’s and stick back in jar, there’s no “growth” from living in the dark, in our pantry…

In my freezer I have a piece of cake from my wedding in 1999! We forgot it.:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

That takes the cake!

:drum:

3 Likes

Technically the water. Some of the water molecules could be billions of years old. Gota love the water cycle.

In terms of something that has been in my fridge continuously? Still water. I live by myself so I don’t keep much in my fridge so I put water in there to take up the mass to hold the cold in. Oldest water is exactly as old as the fridge, end of June, 2018.

1 Like

I think the light bulb is older than any of the food items.

The important thing is the marriage …and the frige lasted since 1999. Congratulations.
6a00e552178e498833017d3c1f33f6970c

1 Like