What's Your Pet Peavey?

I have tried my best to find an independent (not from me) evaluation. The major music stores that are on line always have a place for owners and other musicians to review a product they either own or have played. I checked three of the major outlets. I could not find one of the three stores stocking any one of the three guitars offered here. All three are authorized Peavey dealers and carry Peavey guitars and amps.The three stores are,

1. Musicians Friend
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/

2. The Guitar Center
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/

3.** American Musical Supply
**http://www.americanmusical.com/

Two of the guitars Woot offers have ‘Pearloid’ guards and you did not specify which so I did a Google search on the most expensive via model number and had no luck as the stores it gave me while having Peavey, did not carry this guitar. I went back and checked the other music stores and noticed the smallest Peavey amp they carried was 7 watts and not the one offered here so I took the chance and googled the offered (5W) (Peavey GT-5 Amplifier). That got me hits to another Peavey guitar/amp combo.

Here are stores that I found with the combo (that is put together with the same amp and selling for more btw.

Toy’s R Us

Walmart
http://www.walmart.com/ip/21309178?adid=22222222227015588947&wmlspartner=wlpa&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=&wl3=13737428590&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem

Sears
http://www.sears.com/peavey-rockmaster-kit-guitar-stage-pack-with-gt5/p-SPM6504556501P

Brandsmart USA

Rakutan Buy.com
Online Coupons & Cash Back | Shop 3,500+ Stores with Rakuten

I took a lot of time trying to find exactly what you were looking for and I am sorry I was not able to. I also was not able to find the exact same guitars but I was able to find Peavey Combos that did have the same Amp with them. Bottom line, I could not find these guitars or the amplifier in any of the major Music Store Outlets. I could only find similar guitars combined with this Peavey amp in non-music store, general merchandise dealerships. Also, this same search did come up with some of the same full music stores I found in the first grouping and again, this guitar and/or amp is not to be found in any of them.

In the end it shall be up to the reader(s) to draw their own conclusions based on the facts of where this level of equipment may be found and where it may not be found. Or, if that makes any difference to the buyer or not.

Again, I am sorry I did not find what you are asking for. I would have liked finding this information from another source myself.

Mine arrived at the house today. I got exactly what I had hoped for. A purple ‘real’ guitar for my 5,7, and 10 year-old girls that are just getting into music. I wasn’t looking for something they could go on tour with, just something they could hold in their hands and get a feel for. For $50 this was an absolute no brainer. I appreciate all the high end critiques, but don’t knock a good deal when you see it. I got more than what I paid for and I have three very happy girls.

A++++++ for effort, though. :slight_smile:

In the end, it’s probably a no-brainer for me. I’ve never played, but I wouldn’t mind seeing if I have a genuine interest in learning, or whether it would fade in a matter of weeks. For $100, I think it’s worth putting that question to rest forever.

There have been a couple of us chiming in with what we know in order to be helpful to first time players. After all, we were first time players at one time too. The points I was throwing out were only to help. Fact is, in this level in the music equipment world if you double your output (cash) you will certainly quadruple your equipment quality, playability, and also have some second hand worth if you decide to sell or trade up. This would be in the $200 to $250 range for guitar and amp (new)from a good known discount music source. But, it is up to each individual to decide what they will spend and what they won’t. I wish you the very best of luck and I hope the guitar and amp will do what you expect and need.

It is always great to see kids happy and it is exciting to know there are new ‘players’ out there excited and developing. Really only you can decide if you have a good deal or not. Not me or anyone else. I can only give advice from many years of playing and remember, I had day one on a guitar too. I hope the guitar will do all that you need it to do. Believe me, the equipment I started out on or would recommend today is no where in the cost range of full time musicians, even the local ones. So I certainly was not suggesting anything that would be road worthy for a beginner. It is always a good thing to be satisfied with what one has purchased. It sounds as if you are so that is great too.

I wish you all the very best of luck with your new instruments.

I ordered the purple guitar. Though I was a bit hesitant because the description said it only came with the guitar and amp, even though the pictures showed the cable, strap, and picks.
So I emailed woot and asked. They replied, Whatever is listed that comes in the box is all you get, despite what the picture shows.

So I thought about it, and decided it wasn’t worth the extra $30 if this, like other things, my kid decided to not be interested in anymore after a few months. I got the guitar yesterday, and everything was inside. The guitar, amp, cable, strap and picks.
Guess woot doesn’t know what they are selling?

Anyways I think its a pretty good deal. I know its not the best quality, but for a kid… I’m sure this will make a happy Christmas present.