What's your state?...Just curious.

A nice Queens boy!

North Carolina

I think Stlw’s heart is in MO, and his soul is in MA.

Hubby wouldn’t try for tickets for his show.
We know two people who met him and he blew them both off.
Now, one was on an airplane, so that is his right. The other was at a music industry party. That was rude.

I’m still trying to find out what that has to do with the music. I still like the music!
Odd though. His house on Martha’s Vineyard was very visible and the Alexia was docked where anyone could see it.
Plenty of places to hide on that island if he doesn’t like fans.
Think he sold it. Haven’t seen the Alexia in a few years.

Did see him at the Garden, seats right behind the stage. Like 30 feet from it. That was wonderful. It was like being on stage. Plus the drummer’s friends were a row or two behind us and DeVito kept turning around and doing stuff just for them!
We could see one piano and see the keyboard while Joel played!

A nice Long Island band!

Going tonight to see Springsteen! First time!
A nice NJ boy!

Funny, I don’t remember typing this.

My heart and soul are in MO. I just physically reside in MA. My mind…dunno. gutter?

Mr. Wooter,

Why don’t you live in MO?

When I was a kid, my dad only played classical in the house. We had two beatles records that my folks bought when in London. The public library up the street, however, carried an amazing variety of vinyl. I quickly got into Joel, Kottke, Floyd, and much, much more. Joel was my first major concert (Bridge tour). Love the music still. His early stuff like Cold Spring Harbor.

moved to MA to make a long-distance relationship much shorter. got married and am expecting a kid really soon. Otherwise, I’d still be in Stl.

Mr. Wooter,

Now that you are a ball and chain, you can drag the Mrs. to MO!

Seriously, it sounds like you really like MO. Mabe your kid would like to grow up there.

East Coast folk don’t usually take a fancy to the Midwest. I think it is easier for me to make the transition to the crazy, polluted, hectic lifestyle out here than for her to adapt to the friendly, relaxed, people-centered style back home (do you notice a hidden bias??)

No, seriously. I am ok with it. I make friends ok and have lots of interests. I was unhappy with the school in which I was teaching and looking to move jobs anyway. I found an amazing place to teach here (very progressive educationally). Building community is slow going, but it is happening. I am sure once the babe comes that there will be whole new worlds of parents doing things with kids that will open up.

The reason I was curious was because I have noticed that alot of times voting and forum chatter pick up after I go to bed, so I thought maybe there were a lot of west coasters. Or maybe everyone stays up a lot later than I do. :slight_smile:
-Andy

Heh! I got enough of the New York state of mind from 1980-1987 that I was happy to get out to the midwest. Big fan of the following states: OH, IL and IN, in that order. Love Columbus. Chicago. And went to school for 5 years in W Lafayette IN so I’m kinda fond of there as well. But now back in the northeast in South Jersey. People around here (near Philly) are crazy- especially behind the wheel.

MD at the moment - but for the next couple of months PA. Then back here to MD!

I’m in Maryland.

I agree about the drivers. PA drivers stink (hello! it’s a merge, not a stop!!!) and I probably can count on one hand the number of cars that I’ve seen with NJ plates that don’t have at least one ding in them. :tongue:

my state is “excited!” :happy: :omg:

oooh Tejas.

You young’ens are always excited. It’s more newsworthy when you aren’t. :wink:

Being a MD licensee, I fully agree with this - I’ve nearly gotten flattened on every single one of my runs at school (in PA) by people not following road rules (and since I run every day, I figure I’ll be flat before I graduate :P).