Wheel Writer Light-Up Bike FX Triple Pk

Is there a Speed Limit on these? I’m thinking Motorbike use!

Which MonkeyLectrics do you have, jennytoo? I really like the pro model, but they restrict them to commercial sales only… :frowning:

I’m interested if there’s a speed limit too, can I zip tie these to my car wheels? And more importantly, can woot stop me from trying?

May not work for the text, being single sided the other side will be spinning the other way. If they don’t let you reverse the text pattern, you’re out of luck…

I want these for my motorcycle. Will they work?

I don’t know where your buying your EL wire. But if you dont mind the older kind. you can get a ~7’ run with a driver and shipping for about 5$ on ebay

Heh! I almost got run over by a taxiing plane when I worked at Atlantic Aviation. They used part of the parking lot as an area to turn planes around. I was freezing and buried in my jacket as I was walking into work. I looked up just in time to get out of the way of a Gulfstream headed right for me that I didn’t even know was there until it was 20’ away. I didn’t do that again.

I’m actually trying to figure out if I can somehow use these for doing light painting photography. I know I can use the EL wire, but the rest I’m not sure about. Do you need them to spin to work, or could I mount these on just about anything so I can use a slow shutter to light paint with 'em if I’m the one making them move?

I also want this for my bike.

Yea Monkey Lights are double-sided.

I think the only thing stopping me from buying these is the fact that they aren’t double-sided. I could get 2 and put them on opposite sides of one wheel.

When it says “lasts 15-20 hours”, does it mean on one set of batteries, or you have to throw it away after that long?

OMG, the write-up is freaking awesome. Is it wrong that I actually thought, “This will surely make my kids love me more than they love my Ex-Beast-From-The-Deep?” :wink:

This looks totally dangerous.

My son has the single version of this on his bike. It works pretty well, but as others have mentioned, it’s one sided. You can do 2-sided on the fronts, but the gears might get in the way on the rears. The lights are synched via a magnet pickup, so the picture won’t rotate.

Agreed! I am planning to send it to my brother, but will have to make an edit and stick an “E” on ‘breath’.

“Must be an awful strain having to breath in oxygen”

[MOD: Whoopsie. I wonder how many pairs of eyes missed that. I know mine did on preview of the sale. Reported. Thanks!]

Some reviews online say that you need to put 2 or 3 of these on the same tire, spaced out, to get the full effect. Otherwise it doesn’t look near like what the advertisement pictures do. Watch the Youtube video and see that a single one doesn’t spin fast enough to make it look like a real picture unless you have teeny tiny tires that spin crazy fast.

So if I were buying this as a holiday gift for three kids-
do I buy one triple pack OR
three boxes?

In other words, does the triple pack contain enough of the necessities to trick out three bikes?

I’m guessing that these things use the magnet to determine when they’ve made a full loop, and also as a level line. In which case, the one you put on the right side of the bike will sync its image to be upside down.

Do we still get 2 for 1 on Tuesdays?

How easily could these get stolen?

Heck no - I’m over 50 and work at college. I’m thinking of getting a set for my recumbent trike.