When was the last time you saw a movie in the theater?

I so envy people who can see 3d, both eyes working…i m legally blind…no sight n left eye, no 3d 4 me :slight_smile:
Seinfeld Soup GIF

2 Likes

Ooooo, luv that hair flip…pleasant image !

1 Like

U r 2 funny…but so agree with u on most of ur points… except…the butt nekkid part hehehehe :rofl:

2 Likes

Last was War Horse…great movie…but not a fan of sitting n movie theaters, especially since stinkin covid !

4 Likes

The real question is did toot but your protector from Woot?

3 Likes

Took my dad to see Man Called Ove

2 Likes

It’s been so long I can’t remember!

3 Likes

Not too much different really. There were times I took glasses off and wished it was less blurry. It is perhaps an action film worth seeing in 2D IMAX. Many others a home screen at 6 to 8 feet works very fine.

3 Likes

It had been a long while before that.

3 Likes

The company I worked for had early access from one of our vendors. Free tickets and some swag for all.
captain america marvel GIF by Disney

5 Likes

They gave everyone that outfit?!?!

4 Likes

Yup. Didn’t quite look the same, but you know, they tried.
doctor who dance GIF

5 Likes

I haven’t been to a movie theater in years. My then-girlfriend (now wife) used to go to see movies, but other patrons started to ruin the experience… talking, being disruptive, etc. At one point, there were some teenagers sitting at the back of the room, throwing candy at the backs of other patrons’ heads. A couple of other times, fights broke out. I even remember seeing in the news of a shooting that occured at a theater that we had left just minutes before it occurred. Add to that the fact that you can’t pause the movie to take a bathroom break … and a lot of theaters don’t serve alcohol… I’d just as soon stay home, have a beer or glass of wine and watch a movie from the comfort of my own couch.

6 Likes

Last movie I ever saw in theatres was Dune.

Was honestly pretty dope, since I went during the middle of the week and with the pandemic fears still high at the time, I got the entire movie hall for myself. I got the best seats, I didn’t get annoying jerks or Marvel movie loving morons who feel the need to “WHOA!!!” or scream or interrupt the movie with their crap.

Best movie watching experience ever since watching LotR on the big screen.

5 Likes

Elvis a few months ago, it was pretty good too.

4 Likes

I just saw Jesus Revolution Sat. Before that was…hm, either TG: Maverick or Black Adam. Not sure which was the later one.

Since I only have small-screen tvs at home (my largest is an old floor console from the 80s), I like seeing “big” movies on the big screen. But I do go selectively. It has to be a movie that really needs the size and massive speakers of a theatre for the best viewing experience. I learned that from Dante’s Peak–massive concussive cloud approx 30’ high coming at you in the theatre was truly awesome; same concussive cloud roughly 20" high, not nearly as impactful.

Thus Maverick big for all those F-18 Hornets oh yeah you go babies!! Wouldn’t have been nearly as awesome on the small screen. Black Adam big 'cause it looked from previews like it needed big. Well, possibly not, but I also went with two friends so it was still worth it. Jesus Revolution didn’t need big at all, but my local SiL wanted to see it together so I’ll always go regardless of the movie. Planning to see the upcoming Shazam! with the same two friends, but it looks like it does need big.

>'Kat

3 Likes

We have 6 kids, so going to movies gets expensive. We used to hit the local “dollar” theaters with everyone… but sadly the last one close enough to make it worth the drive closed right around the pandemic.

5 Likes

Does a drive-in theater count?

5 Likes

We took the kids to see Rise of Gru. I loved it, too. We love the experience as a special one from time to time, a couple times a year - popcorn, movie on the big screen.

4 Likes

A few years ago to see “Ford vs Ferrari”. Before that was “Thelma & Louise”. Not much of a movie theater person.

2 Likes