Where would you time-travel (past ONLY)?

Certainly not gonna go back any earlier than my birthdate. Nuh-uh, don’t want to have to dig myself out of a time-hole paradox again.

I mean, for the first time.

The only time, which it would be, having never done any such thing before and certainly wouldn’t want a repeat. So I’d imagine.

3 Likes

Sports Almanac, baby.

3 Likes

I would love to visit with my mother as an adult.

1 Like

I understand it’s more of a “when” question, and not “where”, but if in America, nothing prior to 1980.

Back to the last time the lotto was at one billion dollars, which was Jan 22, 2021. I’d like that kind of security in my life. Anonymous, of course.

I’d time travel back to about 1995 with a list of stock tickers and dates…

Or…

I’d travel so far in the past that it actually became our future in 20 years and come back with a sports book of all the sports winners for the next 20 years.

I would go back to the wild wild west!!

December 7, 1972. I want to watch the night launch of Apollo 17. People who were there say it lit up the sky like a second sun.

homer simpson episode 6 GIF

1 Like

I’s go back and tell younger me to buy Google and Apple stock, and buy some Bitcoin when it was around $1.00. I would then be rich enough to buy all the crap I don’t need on Woot!

3 Likes

I would go back to 1940 and convince Robert A. Heinlein not to write “By His Bootstraps”.

(If you haven’t read it, maybe you already did.)

I am actually not sure. Ancient civilizations can be so bloody. My own past… been there done that. Nothing to see there. Maybe my Mom’s past…

1 Like

This is THE best answer! Going to 4/14/1865, is tempting, but so far back as to risk a plethora of unimaginable negative outcomes. Going to 1963 to continue a time of great hope almost certainly outweighs the risks.

If I was going back only as an observer, as opposed to stopping assassinations, divulging lottery numbers, etc., seeing dinosaurs would be the definition of “incredible.”

1 Like

You would want to miss out on this?

At a cost, but…

soul train happy dance GIF

I’d go back to the beginning of Bitcoin and mine a ton of it.

Time travel will be through the unconscious mind like a movie you get to live through again unable to speak or act differently until the end of this timeline as we know it without time travel outside of the mind. Wherever we are in the the closed loop is where “we” stay but travelers may come and go.

I would go back to.meet my grandma from my mom side and my granpa for my father side.

Easy. I’d return to the Garden of Eden.