Which was the best Matrix movie?

May I suggest an upgraded occipital jack. Here. Someone hold my beer…

2 Likes

I only liked #1🤷🏻‍♀️

1 Like

My assumption has been that the machines would completely wipe out Zion, including the anomaly/Neo, and his chosen would have to be selected and released from the matrix… so with no other way to guess what year it really is, they start to count from the year it was in the matrix. 1999. (Silly, but no worse than any other guess) Meaning the anomaly crops up every 100 years or so. …at least that’s my best guess because of the obvious problems leaving anyone living alive would cause. Plus if choosing already freed people was an option, Neo could choose to save Trinity which would be a problem for the plot altogether, not to mention her advanced ability to jack in and offer people red pills which would greatly speed up the threat Zion eventually poses. It just doesn’t make sense to leave anyone living in Zion alive from the machine perspective.

As I see it, The Architect explained that they had total control through a utopia program, but that it didn’t work for the humans, so they created the Zion conflict. They then used this program to rout out potential glitches in the program afterwards by having the Neos report directly to them. The Architect was never concerned with Neo and is even dismissive of him.

If anything, it is now the threat of internal programs, like Agent Smith, who will bring down the Matrix as they adopt more human traits.

It is Men in Black! :joy:

3 Likes
1 Like

True, which goes back to Morpheus saying that they gave birth to AI at the end of the 20th century, or beginning of the 21st, can’t recall, but I believe he references a time… It’s more likely that they would know when AI gain consciousness than it would for them to know how many year have passed since, especially if they don’t know that they have all been wiped out 7 times or so.

1 Like

We know that the architect backs Neo into a corner and tells him that either everyone can die, or he can choose a few to live, like 15 or 21, I don’t recall, more females than males, though. Every other of the seven iterations complied.
I imagine that the ones that he selects must be young enough to procreate many times to help continue the population. Don’t even get me started on all the inbreeding going on…
100 years could be true… Or at least 50, I would guess that people do not live as long in Zion as they would on the surface.
Either that, or the council is in on it all… Some even suggested that the main councilor that talks with Neo (privately) is the previous iteration of Neo. The council being comprised of the original selected might make sense for a couple reasons… One it is mentioned that there are no young people in the council… And the council has reverence towards Neo and supports him completely. As if they know something.

@DarnWootin right, I forgot about the first utopian MATRIX. That would add to the date for sure. I wonder how long that program ran until it collapsed? Did they not have everyone hooked up to that one… I wonder if it was before the war with the humans or after. Like was the first matrix designed with human input, like the Oasis in Ready Player One. People volunteered to be a part of it… Or was it created at the end of the war… After the sky was scorched.

I always wondered if they could only plug in infants or grow humans from egg and sperm to be placed into he matrix… Or if fully formed humans could be assimilated. I would think not. So the first captured humans might have been dissected by the machines for their “goods” to be used to grow new batteries.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Let me when it’s available on WOOT!

3 Likes

I think it is a joke. If not, no word if things go terribly wrong what recourse you have. If one becomes a drooling IdioT (instead of IoT) do they provide an apology or partial refund minus shipping?

OMG. I hope this is a joke.

1 Like

Hopefully so. She does do electronic dabbling. Article seems to mix the real with hints of ridiculous farce. But crazier, more irresponsible people have attempted gene alteration therapy at home without thinking about safety, genomic reassortment, plasmids, and downstream consequences to others.

There was the Chinese rogue scientist (a physicist and not molecular bio or geneticist who was who altered the genetics of 2 children (well meaning but did not consider the immune consequences or that the girls may one day be mothers and the genes will mix). He was roundly criticized in China, stripped of lab access, academic rank, and is doing jail time for 3 years. But some Americans of reproductive age are doing it on themselves.

1 Like

Probably be a refurb with 30 day warranty

2 Likes

You want to insert into your spiral cord a previously implanted device processed by the refurbishers contracted? Well, blocked connectivity issues aside, Good luck!

1 Like

The really scary thing is, some people would do it. I maybe crazy, but I’m not yet a certified lunatic. Yet

1 Like