Whirlpool 70-Pint Dehumidifier

Opened mine, obviously used (not refurbished even). Crack in tank, no manual, no plastic, dust inside tank, etc. Woot really needs to do something about their supply base

1 Like

Got mine today and could tell right away this was a return by the tape on the box. Open it up and the drain line was full of dirt/mold/etc and duct taped in the box. WTF

1 Like

Me too. Box was re-taped, but everything was included. Unit was packaged well, but the bag was full of water!! It was obviously used before. E1 code shows on screen, which makes the timer and humidity settings completely unusable.

1 Like

Mine just arrived. The inside of the box was damp which im assuming is why the thing wont even start.

The box was clearly retaped, its missing all the tubes and connectors, none of the new item clear plastic protection is on it.

But hey, I got a prestine unopened manualā€¦ this is my second item from woot. Neither has workedā€¦ pretty sure im done buying garbage from this place.

1 Like

Count me in the group getting the E1 code. Very sad to see Woot missed the mark on this one, expected new unit but got a return that didnā€™t work.

NOT NEW. SCRATCHES ALL OVER. NO INSTRUCTIONS. MISSING PARTS. OBVIOUSLY REPACKAGED. NEVER SHOPPING WOOT AGAIN. THIRD BAD CIRCUMSTANCE. .

1 Like

Last time Woot, you just lost me as a customer. Iā€™ve learned not to buy your Refurbed garbageā€¦ so youā€™ve learned to mis-label your wares! I no longer trust you. This was advertised as new & it is clearly a returned item. E1 right out of the boxā€¦ why do I, as well as the many others posting here, get to inherit someone elseā€™s problems? If I could have caught FEDEX leaving that tattered box on my door I could have refused shipment & saved myself the trouble. You donā€™t want to know what my hourly rate would be to repackage this junk & return to you.

Shame. Bad retailer! The only way you learn is when we never come back.

1 Like

Just noticed on the box written in sharpie by the previous owner ā€œPurchased Spring 2017 Basementā€. So not only is this a return its a return thatā€™s been used for over a year.

2 Likes

Hello everyone. Iā€™m very sorry for the problems with this unit. Iā€™m touching base with the buyer and CS.

In the meantime, please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

1 Like

Add me to the list of those who received E1 error codes. I thought this would be a good deal.
Iā€™m very disappointed.

Bought 2 units, both display e1. One has filter light on, fan speed on while in quiet mode, the other has no lights on during quiet mode. Pump worked briefly when you bang it lightly.

I had to check my order. These are supposed to be NEW.

1 Like

Looks like the E1 error is related to a bad sensor (which is likely why it was returned in the first place). Lord help the poor souls that sold these as new.

That sucks dude. I have been a woot shopper for over four years and this is the worst product I have ever gotten from them. It hasnā€™t been the same since the overlords took over but this level of quality has not been the norm for me.

Talked to Whirlpool/Aon rep and they said to unplug for 15 min for hard reset, if it continues, return to the place you bought it for replacement. The e1 stayed on for me, the pump only works after reset once. I bought 2 units and woot offer $40 if I keep them, still not sure if it is $40 each or $20 each, likely will return them but the boxes are gone, this will be a giant waste of time.

Woot offered only $20 per unit refund for selling this as new, if you decide to keep it as a collectable.

1 Like

Got my delivery on the 29th July and set it up yesterday evening. E1 error showed upā€¦ The label on the back says manufactured Apr 2019ā€¦ I unplugged it overnightā€¦ still E1. :slightly_frowning_face:

Like the others the one I received was used, water/mold in hoses - started return process. Woot is not being honest in their advertising (was listed as new) and I am sure they know what they are selling based on all of the same comments. Last time I buy from this outfit - cannot be trusted

Mine doesnā€™t have the E1 error, but the display is flickering and glitchy, and the button doesnā€™t work to lower the humidity setting. Itā€™s rather insulting for Woot to offer people only a $20 credit to keep these things, when they were clearly falsely advertised and defective.

Same here - I donā€™t have the E1 error but the flickering display and non responsive buttons. No one offered me $20 when I contacted CS. All I got was an RMA and shipping label to return. What a pain to box up and ship this junk back. All I want is a working dehumidifier. I would gladly send it back for a working dehumidifier. Is there any way to talk to a human at Woot?

So is there any status on following up with the vendor? I contacted CS and now have an RMA and shipping label. I would like to know if you have come up with a better resolution than just sending in back. If I send it back, is there potential to miss out on an offer from Woot to make this right? Woot obviously sourced a load of used broken junk and now I have to box it up, drive it to UPS and wait 5 days after received to get a refund. I feel like Woot should be sending me a new comparable dehumidifier no questions asked after seeing amount of issues surrounding this unit. Also , the ability to talk to a human over the phone would make this a whole ordeal lot less frustrating.