2009 Cabernet Sauvignon Homestead

White Cottage Ranch Sampler 4-Pack
$122.99 (Normally $205.99) 40% off List Price
2009 Estate Cabernet Franc
2009 Estate Sangiovese
2008 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, Howell Mountain
2006 Estate Merlot, Howell Mountain

CT links above

These may get me. I LOVE Howell Mountain fruit. The Merlot and the CS have my interest piqued.

Talk to me winery. Get me to push the button in spite of my baby coming in a week.

We tasted these at the Tuesday night gathering last month for the RPM Tour-istas.

Sadly, my notes are lacking (missed the Sangio, and only checked tasting the 2009 Homestead Cab. Not sure why, but maybe didn’t get to them until the end of the night), except on the Cab Franc (which was the last wine I tried that night).

It was my favorite of the evening. Nice nose and finish. I had Excellent!!! (note the 3 exclamation marks!) and it seems that almost everyone (if not everyone) who got a taste loved it.

In for 3 … now I just need to figure out where to find room!

You’re in for 3 of the CF?

Yep. Though tempted by the Merlot & CS as well. But holding out on those for now.

Yeah, these were a true find. I had about 3 drops of the Cab Franc; that’s all Sparky allotted me… but the Homestead was a special bottle, and I had the Sangio last week and it was BIG, velvety and solid fruit, albeit a little young. I have yet to meet a Howell Mountain wine I don’t like, and these are nice prices. Take it from a shill…

Second the notion. The CF was AMAZING. The Cab Sauv was really good. Didn’t try the merlot or sangio.

Also, Sparky, this is a PLUS deal… you should be in for 10!

The mixed pack is tempting me. That way, I can try the CF you’re all raving about, and try the CS and Merlot, and get the Sangio as a bonus. Ah! Too tempting.

Ugh…not good news. Now I want some. Can I snag a bottle or two of CF and Sangio from you, Sparky?

I am hurting on this one too!
Very tempting. Need to conserve cash though especially with a couple of wine club shipments coming in September and October.

Especially the Howell mountain bottles. I have really enjoyed mountain fruit cabs from the napa area in the past. I would go in for sure if they had a little more age on them.

Many of these wines are limited in production–we are talking 125 cases produced or less of each wine–and have only been offered to our wine club members in the past. Great buys for great wines!

I’ve had both the WCR Risa and the Sauvignon Blanc before, and they were great. (Wish they were on offer today!) The Risa took about two days to open up, which was a bit of a surprise, but when it did it was just fantastic (sorry no notes handy, but I think I remember blackberry).

Sadly this selection offered is just above my wallet’s pain threshold. I bet those of you jumping in will not regret it though.

Only if I get the 4 pack! Which I’m tempted to get for the Merlot & Cab.

Edit: Only problem is the Homestead Cab isn’t in the 4 pack. It’s their 2008 Estate Cab. :frowning:

Realistic aging potential for each of the wines offered, please?

I tried two of the White Cottage wines at the tasting on the RPM tour. Both were quite good.

2009 White Cottage Estate Cabernet Franc: Nose of blueberry and strawberry, a bit leathery, with a hint of mint and tarragon. The palate had a minor flavor gap in the middle, a bright entry (plums) ending in a woody blueberry with a touch of mocha, and lots of woody tannins throughout.

2009 White Cottage Homestead Cab: The nose had flavors of ripe blueberry, cherry, vanilla, and licorice, but was fairly closed. The palate had very smooth cherry, black pepper, and a hint of salty toffee. Decent amount of round tannins. Flavors seemed somewhat closed; both of these wines need age.

cmaldoon concurs that the Homestead Cab was tasty.

OK, well anybody who’s willing to split some of the CF with me I’d be happy to help. This sounds too tasty.

No shipping to Virginia? Seriously?

Can someone check on that, my order got stopped with an error message.

The wine sales page doesn’t list Virginia.
Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District Of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming

I’m very interested in the combo-pack, but I really should not be buying more wine. The White Cottage wines we tasted at the quick-paced tasting night on the RPM tour were definitely some of the best of the night.