White Gold-Plated Sterling Silver Engagement Ring Set

Please, don’t generalize women like this. I had to get my engagement ring resized because I lost weight and when they looked up our file I found out how much my husband spent. To be honest, I was upset that he spent so much!

Needless to say, guys it really depends on your lady. You should know her very well if you’re planning on buying a ring, so if she’s cool with this you will know.

Our wedding rings cost a grand total of $40, and I couldn’t be happier.

DON’T splurge your entire paycheck on a ring if it isn’t what your woman wants. It sure wasn’t what I wanted.

They do! My husband and I got tungsten carbide wedding bands (from Amazon) for $20 a pop. Cheap, durable, and most importantly they won’t deglove your finger if you get it stuck in something.

I worked as a jewelry sales person and I can tell you several things:

1. Diamonds are cheap, but marked up like crazy.
  2. People are super picky about what basically amounts to a hunk of coal. Oh, its got good color but a minor imperfection? I’M TOO GOOD FOR THAT! Or its HUGE and affordable but the color is a bit off? NOPE, WON’T GO NEAR IT. I.E. People are diamond snobs for no good reason. There are plenty of big rocks out there with H or I color but no one buys them because they aren’t “perfect”.
  3. Cubic Zirconia is more sparkly than real diamonds - in the light it LOOKS better.
  4. And hell, ITS CHEAP! Why the hell should you put yourself into debt for some stupid status symbol right before you’re beginning your life together? That makes no sense.
    If your woman is going to berate you because the ring “wasn’t expensive enough” then you have more problems than you think, bucko.
  1. I can imagine some fun being had with such a ring.

2. I’ve noticed a trend among successful young professionals who could afford more to opt for a tiny diamond ring–or, more common, to “design” their own non-diamond ring (using much less expensive stones, etc and more intricate, personalized metalwork–according to their own tastes. Both men and women in these couples seem to like this option better, and it obviously is significantly less expensive than a traditional engagement ring.

Nothing says “I will love you forever”, quite like a $20 ring.

Which one of these has the smallest “main” stones? I can’t tell from the specs. I’m three months pregnant and my wedding set is getting tight. I currently have a 1/2 ct solitaire with a simple diamond band. I don’t want to go naked with my finger but I don’t want something super gaudy. These are a great price; much better than the crap I’ve seen at the mall.

buying 3 gets you 6 rings for 60 bucks… bring them to a bar and use them as a prop to potentially get lucky.

Well worth the price I’d say

I think these could be good to use as stand in rings for when you want to surprise her with a proposal and she can choose a ring that she wants at a later time.

What I want to know is who is buying two of these things.

Either they’re planning on marrying two people simultaneously, or they’re just pessimistic about it working out.

Last “forever”? At $20, I imagine that a weekend may be all you’re getting… but hey, it could be a good weekend, until she gets to a jeweler to have the ring checked out. :smiley:

Last time I checked, a good woman doesn’t get married for the ring. If men would only realize that they would not end up with trifling women. My engagement ring was $100.00 from QVC and I love it just as if it were the real thing, 18 years and counting.
Don’t go broke on a ring or a wedding…that’s not the important things!

So for $20, you get some good costume supplies.

For those saying it’s a $20 ring set, it’s really not… that’s just the Woot deal. The prices before the discount are more between $250-300. Now, that still seems low for engagement rings, but at least its real value isn’t $20-cheap.

Still, no diamond, no deal.

The curved one looks the smallest. Its actually my favorite one

I’d like Woot to explain how something is ‘plated’ in White Gold.

White Gold jewelry is, itself, plated in Rhodium for the shiny silver look. You never actually see the muted muddy looking gold alloy inside until the Rhodium wears through, and you have to get it re-plated. (Commonly called “re-dipped.”

There’s nothing wrong with plain sterling silver jewelry - Tiffany & Co. does a great job of selling just that. So what’s up with plating Sterling Silver in “White Gold?” Makes no sense to me.

Pray tell, how do you go about damaging diamonds with your hands?

You joined in 2006 and this is your first post?

Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.

• Dalai Lama

WOW THIS IS REALLY A GREAT VALUE!! I SAW THESE IN MACYS FOR $200!

• tobyy23

I would have bought these to wear while travelling to imply that I am married and would prefer not to be hit on (when I would just generally prefer not to be hit on) but my ring finger is a 4.5 and these don’t go smaller than a 6. I am dissapoint.

I wore a ten dollar silver band from a department store my entire pregnancy. I can’t wear my real ring now because it’s too pokey and will scratch the baby. I’d get a 20 dollar set to wear until I could wear my regular ring again. Assuming I can find where I put the real ring.