2006 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offers:
8/28/12
3/12/12
3/7/11

Mid aged cab. I am intrigued.

Are these made in a lush and fruity style or in an acidic rustic style or something else?

I’ve seen the 2006 bottles up here for ~$10. What makes these worth $17 on average?

How are the '03s holding up? How much life is in the 05? Which is someone’s favorite and why?

Do we have a winemaker here? I need answers. ANSWERS people!!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…

Exactly. If we both decide to the positive, lets split shipping

My take, reading between the lines of the description, is that these are less Corison-like and more toward the more common Napa style. Plenty of new oak, black fruits, “ripe” tannin (whatever that means), and the “juicy” adjective all hint to me that these are not the restrained rpm-style wines you may be seeking. Something closer, style-wise, to a TyC perhaps?

Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but that’s my reading nonetheless.

Robin: Holy oaky tannins, Batman!
Batman: Get out the Bat-Decanter!

POP! SPLASH! Glug-Glug-Glug

Robin: Now what?
Batman: Now… we wait.

I thought White Oak cabs were always 100% cab…or am I imagining things?

This looks good. I wish the signature delivery thing wasnt such a pain in the butt at the present time , my wife has been out of town for over a month with a sick sister so there isnt anyone to sign for it at home during the day.

Track via FedEx and route the shipment to your nearest FedEx facility. I do this all the time and pick up the wine after work.

Or just list the local fed ex office as the shipping address, much easier then tracking it daily.

I finally figured this trick out. Makes life much easier!

Such accolades. Now, does vertical refer to a collection of wines from different years ?

This is, for me, absolutely the best thing, for WINE, I ever did, until…

Amazon got hold of woot.
Woot and Amazon ~don’t talk~ shipping with one another, at all!

They don’t frequently ship FedEx and there is absolutely NO way to know HOW something will ship. Lost items (non wine) from the previous woot-off because of this, never to be delivered (UPS), delivered by smartpost (to FedEx) and yet a third that somehow was delivered to my residence (wtf) HTH did they get that address when it was ordered with the FedEx address?

Conclusion:
Wine, to FedEx
Everything else, use a delivery different address.

So, how are the earlier vintages, as cmaldoon has asked? Many wooters have the 2006 and it’s gotten mixed reviews, at $8.75. Are those earlier vintages that much better…

Yes.

Vertical = same wine, different vintages (years)

Horizontal = same vintage, same varietal, different appellation (generally)

I don’t see how this works. Why would I list the Fed Ex office as the shipping address? The shipping address is the merchant right?

The '03 and '05 seem to have some pretty good CT reviews. I’d be more interested if they had also included an '07 on the back end.

Still, a good deal for a nicely aged Cab vertical is nothing to sneeze at and for those who follow such things, let it be duly noted that mill was the “first sucker”.

No, shipping address = recipient

I work in an office, so I just have it shipped to where I work. There’s always somebody there. (Me!)

For some of us, the volume of WW shipments, indeed, would, raise some eyebrows!