White Oak Reserve Red Blend (3)

White Oak Reserve Red Blend 3-Pack
$49.99 $163.00 69% off List Price
2006 Myers Reserve Red Wine, Alexander Valley
2006 Myers Reserve Red Wine, Napa Valley
CT links above

Winery website

Seems Like a nice wine at a great discount. White oak comes up every so often an it’s always a major discount. Did folks who bought the earlier deals feel that the wines at the woot price presented great QPR?

Tempting, very tempting. Love the White Oak Cab Franc, and this has it in it.

Hmmm, wonder if we tasted this back in 2012 during the tasting at the SVI before the RPM Alumni tour? Have to look at my notes … if I can find them, that is!

Here’s a “review” from a different website selling this wine (specifically about the Alexander Valley version). It’s more of a sales pitch (they have it priced at $50+s/h)…

“This is probably unlike any other red blends you’ve had. Less fruit and oak than a typical California wine, this wine is smooth and silky and delicious. Definitely one to try for lovers of Bordeaux or Burgundy, and and with the 6 years of age this wine has mellowed out nicely. Drinking extremely well…”

Here’s another review (more of a comment), from http://www.californiawinetastingadventures.net/2012/05/new-and-historic-old-vines-white-oak.html

“The eighth sample was the 2006 Napa Valley Reserve. A “left bank” Bordeaux blend 50% Cabernet Sauvignon and 50% Merlot, it was aged in 50% new oak barrels (50% Hungarian and 50% French) for 22 months. A slightly bigger and earthier wine than the Alexander Valley, with cassis, coffee, mint, sweet oak and toast notes. On the palate the tannins have a firm grip and yet the wine glides across the palate leaving a long cherry finish.”

I found my list from the tasting that night, no White Oak. You may have been thinking of the White Cottage Ranch wines that we tasted.

I’ve found both the WO Cab Sauv and Merlot to be incredible wines for the price. And I generally dislike merlot.

Love White Oak products, might have to grab a couple of these, anymore notes out there?

EDIT: in for 2
Last Wooter to Woot:
fredrinaldi

I picked up two of the previous White Oak offerings and they represented a tremendous QPR IMO. Those were for the Napa Cabernet and Merlot and were 8.25 per bottle and then ~10 per bottle on the second offering.

I am very intrigued by this offering and might have to break my self imposed moratorium on buying wine :slight_smile:

It appears that Groupon is running a deal featuring this wine:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-2006-white-oak-myers-reserve-red-blend-with-bamboo-corkscrew

And the Chateau Epernay corkscrew…makes you wonder who is sourcing those deals…

Great QPR. Recommend highly.

would be in for 3, but continue to be shut out in Georgia (ya ya, I know the links and the reasons). have had to shift my wine buying to other sites.

I just finished my last bottle of White Oak cab a week or so ago, it was so good. I’m trying to be in for two but this dang site wont let me add to my cart!!! help me woot

Had the same problem, just opened a new window, went to my cart and finished the purchase there.

Try something other than IE8.

It has nothing to do with IE this morning. The site is half broken. Only the first photo will load when clicked (alternate views/photos don’t come up). Only the Features tab comes up – Specs, Winery, Sales Stats and Top Comments fail. Adding an item to your cart often fails to do anything at all.

I just placed an order, but was forced to use mobile Safari from my iPhone, which at least let me add items to the cart and check out.

Firefox and Chrome on a desktop computer both failed.

All seems fine with FF 25.0.1 on OsX 10.6.8. Absolutely no issues with any of your nits.

Site not working properly w/Chrome & Win 7. “Add to Cart” button does nothing. Also can’t access product tabs (specs, winery, sales stats).

Working fine with IE11