White Oak Vineyards Aged Syrah (4)

White Oak Vineyards & Winery Aged Syrah 4-Pack
$59.99 $117.00 49% off List Price
2008 White Oak Vineyards & Winery Syrah, Napa Valley
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
12/22/14

Reposted from the original December offer.

I love syrah, both young and older bottles are completely in my wheel house. This bottle has a little age on it but still took some time to open up. I would describe the color as a red/garnet with fairly deep color. Its clear and free of sediment. Initially the wine had a moderate nose of blackberry, blueberry compote and a bit of oak. A nice nose but nothing to rave about.

The wine is dry and is medium/full bodied, I noted that the acidity felt a little low for my taste but that the fruit and oak usage kept it somewhat in balance. The wine does present some tannins, I would call them medium and are drying but also leave a rounded feeling in the mouth. The same fruit notes came through on the tongue as what I got in the nose but a got a lot more oak. With food the acidity seemed the come up a bit and became more noticeable and oakiness faded.

I stored the 2nd 1/2 of this in a 375ml under screw cap and came back to it a week later. The oak was reduced substantially but the tannins were still there. Fruit blossomed a bit and the wine took on a meatier quality, which was what I was looking for with this wine. I much preferred this wine this time around and if I were to purchase I would note that it needs a stiff decant to open up.

Recommended and I think syrah lovers will enjoy this.

Alrighty! Take 2.

Sorry for the problems with the Sunce.

How about some White Oak Syrah?

I couldn’t tell exactly from your post in the Sunce thread – was that an actual sellout of the product, or was the sale terminated for technical reasons?

Technical problems. :frowning:

Any chance the Sunce will show up again later today?

Not today but another day once we iron out the kinks.

this syrah is even more aged than last time!!

Sorry for the Hiccup.

The sun will rise on Sunce in the days to come.

Sunce and WW just don’t seem to mix :slight_smile:

Ha!

just had this Syrah a few days ago…well-made. Lots of blueberries to go along with nice acidity and mild tannins. I think I reviewed it in an earlier offer but dont have time to search. A great value IMO

I remember the older offer threads. Very entertaining!

Anyone from White oak here to answer questions? Any possibility of shipping 2 of this deal to MO?