White Oak Winery Sauvignon Blanc - 6 Pack

What’s great is that it’s Friday, which means we’ll have labrats. I don’t drink as much SB as I did when I was younger, but I still like that ripe fruit/pear flavor that no other grape seems to have. At this price point, it’s an easy buy unless the rats agree with the lone CT review that says it’s “thin and insipid.”

My experience with older bottles of SB (2+ years old) is that remain fresh upon opening but fade very quickly and I have already been burned by woot for this very reason on a 2007 SB from last year.

Thanks, but no thanks. I wouldn’t have even gone in on a 2008 either.

White Oak s/b see’s no oak whatsoever & is 100% varietal.

Here’s The Oxford Companion to Wine (p. 7, in ‘aging’): “Most white wines which can mature over several decades rather than years are notably high in acidity, and few of them undergo malolactic fermentation.”

Ah, well, I suppose in the 2-to-5-year-old range, it’s really a matter of style more than a hard rule (hence one might empirically perceive the opposite). There’s certainly a lot of non-malolactic whites that don’t last very long.

In any case, rats and winery participation should tell us the story on this one.

I drink this wine frequently and it holds up just fine over the course of a 4-6 hour evening

Gooseberry! The good ones mix that acidic, tropical fruit, grass, flowery stuff together into something discernible and delicious, the bad ones taste like slightly lemony water.

All wines are different obviously. White Oak Sauvignon Blanc comes from our estate vineyard off river road. Year in & year out we use the same vineyard blocks and build all our wines to last with the highest quality.

I recently tasted through all our s/b vintages back to 2003 and they were holding up incredibly well!

As someone who has a red wine fetish but can’t avoid bargains like this I’m torn. The food parings are fish and shellfish to chicken, pork or other white meats LINK. None of which I have too often. Here are some recipes which are paired with sauvignon blanc LINK.
If it is of the fruity sav type, it might be useful to stock up on it for summer. Has anyone had it?

Yep!

[labrat]

This was my first labrat and I came home from work early to see what was delivered. After first having some smoked salmon, this was perfect. A mild fruity aroma. A little spicy. Dry. The spicy garlic spinach was finished and soon the bottle was empty and we were wishing we had another one.

Definitely am in for one!

That was good timing!

Hello Will, and welcome to this forum. You are Will Hunter, Sales Director for White Oak, I presume?

Can you provide BRIX at harvest, residual sugar, pH, and TA for this wine.

Thank you.

Good to hear! That’s exactly the sort of stylistic validation we were looking for.

Also, unrelatedly, second wine offering in a row with “white” in the name. What’s up with that?

Discrimination, I say!

Send lawyers, guns and money!

I dont have that info with me tonight, im on the road but, ill have it posted first thing tomorrow AM by our winemaker. I know the RS is near .03 %, dry dry dry.

So what, the sale is for the 2007. What’s your point?

I just wanted to add that fruity Sauvignon Blanc also goes great with pasta with a variety of non-red sauces. It’s also interesting with ham.

Dad won’t be getting you out of this one.

Uh - he’s trying to provide useful information that might help folks make a decision, and the 2007 isn’t in the winery website.

BTW, the 2007 was also $16. link

Boy am I sold…Just the other night while having a lunch of smoked salmon (we didn’t have spicy garlic spinach) and crackers, I was thinking how I’d rather have had a tin of sardines in olive oil…A N D !! a nice bottle of sauvignon blanc…:wink: [sarcasm][/sarcasm]