$99.99 $211.00 53% off List Price
2012 The Climber Chardonnay

McClean Vineyards 2011 Viognier 4-Pack
$39.99 $85.00 53% off List Price
2011 McClean Vineyards Viognier, Paso Robles

Calstar Sauvignon Blanc, Sonoma County 5-Pack
$69.99 $119.00 41% off List Price
2012 Sauvignon Blanc, Sonoma County

Any notes on the McClean Viognier ? I really enjoyed their 05 and 07 Syrahs.

10/5/2012
Viognier was interesting, muted yellow with fresh cut peaches on the nose and smelled crisp. The palate was a whole different deal. Much softer than I was anticipating and but continued with the peaches. Finish was medium and tart/sour. I would not pick it up again.

TRIFECTA WROTE:
May 17, 2013 - PnP @ cellar temp. Color is pale golden or straw. Nose smells almost like a Sauv Blanc with a touch of trop fruit (no grass). Palate is heavier than I had expected, which is creamy in texture. Picking up vanilla, honeysuckle, and a touch of caramel. On the finish there is something bitter and a bit unpleasant, seems to be tannins (Viognier is quite tannic for a white). Mild acid. Thinking this bottle might be a bit warm for this style, popped it in the fridge for a 15F cooldown.

After chilling (and granted some opening up as well) this has improved greatly. Less bitter on the finish and has strangely become even creamier in texture. Paired with some manchego and the light bulb turned on. This is a great cheese wine. Granted this is not the style of Viognier I am used to, but I really liked it.

RJQUILLIN WROTE:
August 5, 2013 - Pale straw and a nose less floral than Vio’s I’m used to. Creamy mouth with some stone-fruit. This one differs also from others in that it has a spice component that’s a bit unique and appealing for me. Works well with Japanese cuisine. Currently a close-out on WW+, thinking of adding more.

Any comments on the Cliff family Chardonnay???

Couldn’t find any reviews of the 2012 in a quick check, but there are some reviews of a previous NV bagged Clif Chardonnay here:
http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5111128

And one tasting note plucked from that offering here:
http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5111221

Ordered on 4/22, estimated shipping speed 3-8 days. Tracking info “unavailable.” Still waiting on 5/5. ???

Wine.woot shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it’s still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

Well my payment for this shipment was refunded to my account, so I assume the order has now been canceled. Wonder why?

I’m sorry for the disappointment. The note on the order says it was oversold. You should have received an email or should shortly. Be sure to check the spam/junk folders. It will go to the email address you have listed in your account info.

Bummer. Guess I’ll just have to find a new wine to buy…hmm… where ever will I go look for more wine.

:wink: