Who remembers when woot was smalle

I’ve been purchasing for years, I remember the days when you could order something and it would ship that day. You might even get it the next day. Since woot got purchased by Amazon things take longer. I purchased something over a week ago and it finally got shipped. Still get great deals but like everything, things change.
Edited: Woot was started in 2004, I purchased my first item when I was 54 I’m now 71.

1 Like

I MISS (!!) the excitement of logging into Woot! to see what the deal was that day - just 1 thing, till it was gone. And then the WootOff - a fast frenzy of selling/buying, and then the good ol’ Bag of Crap accompanied by the blog of "what else might have been in the box besides a CrackerJack compass and 3 bags of packing air… gone are the days. Hello Dallas crew. Wooter since 2004!

That’s not what I remember. Shipping used to take a long time. Their warehouse had to pull and pack the items and then ship it via the cheapest method that took ages.

5 Likes

Oh, the time before we created a lot of jobs? Mine included.

:w_tongue:

2 Likes

Same. I have been a Wooter since 2006 and shipping has rarely been fast. I say rarely because there were those occasions when I would receive something the same week it was ordered, but two plus weeks has been the norm since the beginning. There were a couple occasions where I forgot what I ordered until it arrived. It was like getting gifts from a secret admirer. :slight_smile:

No, my “it was better” memory is for the Internet as a whole. I made my first online purchases way back in 1995. For a brief period on some sites it was cheaper to get next day or even same day delivery than standard. And when they said Next/Same day, they actually meant it. Somewhere around 1998 that changed to mean “first we pull it from the warehouse within the next 5 business days, THEN we will ship it Next/Same day”. Now it seems it does not matter which level shipping one selects its all the same, so might as well pick the cheapest option available.

1 Like

During the various types of $1 events, I tend to get items by the following day.

:shushing_face:

1 Like

That’s Amazon logistics, baby!

1 Like

$19 on the mothership.

https://www.amazon.com/Shirt-Woot-Miss-Old-Woot-T-Shirt/dp/B07JHD5CV3

3 Likes

I miss when Woot! shirts had a Woot! tag so you knew it was an authentic Woot! shirt and not some Woot! knockoff. Woot!

And it had the tip about how to wear it properly.

1 Like

Always look forward to the tip.

1 Like

I don’t remember that fast-fast shipping you mention. I’m pretty old and forgetful though…
I do see stuff shipping very fast now.

1 Like

It always starts with just the tip, doesn’t it?

1 Like
1 Like

So mutant Anvil blanks era onwards?

This exact style/verbiage was used until 2009-2010. Afterwards, a slightly different style was used which dropped the “by American Apparel” line (though were still made by them). A different style altogether was used for the custom Anvil blanks (aka neck stretch Anvil); all custom Woot tags were subsequently dropped afterwards when Anvil got bought out and the cuts changed to the aforementioned mutants.

3 Likes

I’ve been buying for 17 years because my user name is striker54 and I’m now 71. Woot was founded in 2004.

2 Likes

I made my first purchase in 2005.

I still remember my first canceled BOC though.

1 Like

You must be shopping a different Woot than me? My favorite Woot past time (aside from the snarky commenting) is looking for better prices elsewhere :cowboy_hat_face: \

*pass time

Actually… *pastime

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like