WHO WOULD YOU INVITE TO YOUR DINNER PARTY?

Only two, I know…that’s why Asimov and Kinison called up the hookers.

African Queen Kate…after the rapids.

If I went to this party, I would want to be on the same side of the table as Katherine Hepburn, Bert Rutan, Emily Dickinson, Kurt Vonnegut, Mark Twain and Ernest Hemingway…you can keep Sam Kinison & Babe Ruth down at your end of the table.

Wouldn’t that make it an all guy dinner 'cept you? No problem with that, but aren’t there some interesting women?

I think that’s her point. :wink:

And don’t know know women can’t get along with other women?

You’ll come down to our end when Teddy Bear breaks out the beer bong.

If I could have family I would. I would have a recording device and capture all those stories my granparents used to tell and are now foggy memories.

If not family here are just a few of the folks that might be interesting.

Simon Bolivar
Jackie Joyner-Kersee
Queen Hatchupset
Archimedes
Cheng Ho
Mary Magdalene
Will Eisner
Chief Joseph
Lev Vygotsky
Buddah

Nah. Not into beer.

Very interesting list…many of the disciplines covered.

Most interesting on your invite list to me - Queen Hatshepset, Will Eisner and Buddha.

Least - Simon Bolivar and Chief Joseph.

Cheering section.
DaVinci and Einstein crashed in after doing the Duval Crawl and were looking to do more shots, but Thompson and Dickinson drank all the tequila and the beer bong was all that was left.

As I see more lists people pop up that I’d want on my own. When I do mine excuse the fact that most of them have already been listed.

How about Paulo Freire for Latin America?
Who would you recommend for Native North American?

Pocahontas? :wink:

Oh, crap. One of them has to go for Akira Kurosawa

Not as important as whites want to think, too part of the rewriting of history. I didn’t actually choose Chief Joseph for the warrior but for the person who had seen history from a unique perspective. He fought, lost, and then paraded around in cadillacs, etc. He saw the destruction of his way of life. As a leader that would be such a hard thing to witness.

Interesting…reminded me of newcomer Takashi Shimizu.

Have not seen his work, but I went on a Kurosawa binge in college. Each frame of his movies could be a poster. I think he is one of the most talented artists. This might be easier if you could categorize it. Dinner of artists. Dinner of scientists. Dinner of …

Yeah, it is almost like it could fork off in so many different directions.

I could have a dinner party with musicians, artists, etc…

Sorry if the music’s too loud, but Ted Nugent and Muddy Waters stopped by…

Woody Guthrie for the music and stories. Odetta.

How about a party with polar opposite pairings?