$24.99 $36.00 31% off List Price
(1) Saigon Ground Cinnamon, 1.6 oz Jar
(1) BBQ Spice Rub, 2.6 oz Jar
(1) Garlic and Parsley Salt, 2.4 oz Jar
(1) Spanish Paprika, 1.9 oz Jar
(1) Fish Seasoning, 2.7 oz Jar
(1) Steak Seasoning, 3.4 oz Jar

Website

One of the steak seasoning ingredients is Chili’s. Too bad; I’m more of a Ruth’s Chris guy.

Makes you wonder how they extract the Chili’s flavor - does it involve arson?

Mmmm Ruth Chris. Deliciousness.
High end restaurant but worth every penny.

Thanks for noticing the typo btw.
It should no longer read “Applebee’s”…wait…
I mean Chili’s…

I’m so glad Woot continues to sell non-wine products on Wine.Woot on Thursdays.

It’s the only day of the week that I actually know what day it is…

Does anybody really use garlic salt?

Sorry woot, you’ll have to do better than this to get me to consider straying from Penzeys.

Pretty pricey. Two bucks worth of Vietnamese cinnamon, enough rub for one small shoulder, etc… Talk to your local spice monger.

My spice rack is 99% Penzey’s. The only non-Penzey’s spice I keep out is from Whole Spice Napa Valley. It’s a smoked sea salt I grabbed when in Napa. They’re of comparable quality.

I have two spice racks on the wall devoted to Penzey’s spices. I buy 99.% of my spices that are of the Penzey label. (The other 1% live in shame in the drawer wishing they had a penzey label.) If I had the room, I probably would put a small rack on the wall devoted to just baking spices, right now they are mixed in together.
If I had to buy one spice only, it would be Penzey’s Fox Point seasoning. It is freaking delish on everything. Expensive, but worth it.

I’m with pseudogourmet98 … Penzey’s is pretty much the only thing we use. My wife always says, everything’s better with shallot pepper." (PS - not pies)

If you like Penzy’s, you should check out The Spice House. They only have a couple of stores around the Chicago/Milwaukee area, but they do have a decent web site. Lots of unusual, ethnic spice blends.

I stumbled into their store in Old Town (Chicago) a few years back and have been a fan since.

I noticed a symbol with the letter “K” inside on the front label. I assume the “K” stands for Kosher, however I could not find anywhere in the decryption about this product being kosher.

Anyone care to share their 2 cents?

Good catch, I actually found on the Whole Spice website (here) they are Kosher certified.

I’m mostly a Penzeys man too, but that’s not why I’m passing this up. This just isn’t a deal. I can get all of this stuff at the grocery store for the same price.

Garlic salt is great on many things. I love it on fresh veggies in the summer, especially cucumbers and fresh tomatoes.

I understand that garlic salt is good on a lot of stuff, but I just don’t like it because you’re stuck with the salt/garlic ratio in the bottle. I’d rather just add salt and garlic separately.

I don’t have a Penzey’s store nearby at all so I chose to mail-order most of my spices from The Spice House. I’m not sure if one is better than the other but both companies are actually owned and run by parts of the Penzey family. I’m surprised they haven’t ever combined into one company since it seems like there’d be some bad blood going on with two parts of the same family being in exactly the same business.

love the one in Manhattan, Las Vegas not so much (about 10yrs back got a salad with a ladybug in it, they acted like no big deal, brought another and no offer of the salad being comped)

I guess I wouldn’t want a bug in my food, but if I had to have one, a lady bug seems like the sweetest! : ) I would probably have picked it up and let it go! I mean, it’s still a bug, but who’s scared of a lady bug?!? Almost seems like that type of bug just means your food is fresh…

If that freaks you out, then make sure not to ever look at the list of defects allowed by the FDA in our food.