Who's up for a nice HD Ready LCD TV (27" - 32")?

I am really hoping woot eventually puts up a nice HD Ready LCD TV. I have been shopping around and found several for $699 or less from other stores. These are lesser known names like Akai, Makent, Norcent, etc but almost all of them come from the same manufacturer, Sampo Electronics. The sets are actually very good.

Here is an email I sent to Woot 2 weeks ago requesting an LCD TV sale.

I am curious to know if there are any plans for woot to sell any (HD Ready) LVD TV’s between 25 - 30 inches?

There are lesser known LCD brands such as Maxent, Syntax, Sampo, etc that could possibly be “wooted” out at great prices.

Here are just a few that in my opinion could be potentials.

Maxent MX-27X1 27 inch
Syntax Olevia LT26HVE 26 inch
Prima Ultra LCD30-500 30 inch (or Dish Network LCD30-500 which is the same thing)
X2Gen MV2701 27 inch

Or you could go to Sampo directly at http://www.sampoamericas.com, they actually make the maxent model.as well as others for Akai, Gateway and Viewsonic.

Hope this info helps, and I really hope to see a great LCD TV available from Woot soon!

So, if anyone else is in the mood for a smaller (IE, not a 50 or 61" Infocus) HDTV, please voice your opinions here!

I cant beleive nobody replied to this yet. I really thought there would be more people interested in seeing a fairly inexpensive LCD TV from woot :(.

If the price was right my wife and I would be on it like ants on a log.

We just finished our Media Portal box for the living room. http://mediaportal.sourceforge.net/

Now all we need to do is get of our 1990 27" color tv featureing Coax input!

Stuart

Well, Black Friday is coming up, and some places are going to have HD Ready LCD’s Priced at under 600 bucks. If woot could do better then those stores, that would be awesome, but if not, I guess I’ll be waking up at 5:00 AM on Black Friday, lol.

All of the models I listed in my first post have a normal Retail Value of around $700-$800 which is already very good for a 27" - 30" HD LCD, but I think they could go even lower if woot were to get them direct from the manufacturer in large quantity :D. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed.

That Mediaportal program looks really cool. I was thinking of building an HTPC a few months back, but I was going to go with MythTV. I guess MediaPortal is fairly new?

MediaPortal has been around for a little over a year, but it is very developed already. I had a MythTV box for a while, but the hoops I had to jump through to get the dang thing working finally became unbearable. I should mention that I was administering linux boxes at the time and I still found MythTV daunting.

Anyway, I dropped the whole idea for a while but then a friend refered me to MediaPortal. In what took me better part of half a day to get MythTV to do I got MediaPortal doing the same thing in 15 minutes. Needless to say I am hooked.

I can’t do Black Friday. I work in Finance so I have to work the day after Thanksgiving :frowning:

They will probably buy us lunch though :slight_smile:

Stuart

Okay, there are gonna be some damn nice Black friday deals on smaller HD LCD’s.

Come on Woot, give me a reason not to go out at 5:00 AM to stand on a line in the cold this Friday. Let me know you will get some nice, Smaller HDTV’s in stock before chrismas :D.