Why does everyone want a BOC so much?

Judging from some of the reviews, as to what people have gotten with their BOCs, they in fact received crap.

Is it more a symbolic thing, or what?

[quote user=“jamd”]Judging from some of the reviews, as to what people have gotten with their BOCs, they in fact received crap.

Is it more a symbolic thing, or what?[/quote]

The thrill of the speed of it, the fact that you might be one of the lucky ones who gets somthing really good for next to nothing. At least that is why I like and buy them.

the internet is inspiring entire new forms of community.

Groups of people can share information and experiences with others anywhere on the planet like never before.

Some things will eventually be understood to have been just a fad; others will become part of the new fabric of society. Only time will tell which is which.

It’s exciting to participate in something that’s never quite happened before, no matter how silly and useless. But then sometimes silly and useless is an end in itself.

I think I understand now, thanks guys.

I’ve gotten a DVD drive, floppy drive, priority pucks make good presents, and this big airplane/car/boat thing. I’ve nothing to complain about with my BOCs.

I CAN COMPLAIN!!! I only got to but a BOC ONCE!!! (and it was all crap (including a toilet bowl flap, appropriately!)
They sell out faster than anything. I’m on the east coast so WOOTs start at 1:00am. I need more…like someone gave me a hit of crack and now I cant stop!

anything rewarding being on the first page when a new item comes out?? i dont get it…

Nope, besides being recognized as an idiot who has nothing better to do. (unless you’re pete, whose posts are actually somewhat useful, as they provide information about the woot, and a communication topic regarding spamming the message boards for the next few pages)

[quote user=“roninflush”] FREE $100 PARTYPOKER MONEY. NO DEPOSIT NECESSARY!

receive $100 free into your account through

(spam URL)][/quote]

I hope spammers not only get their posts removed, but their accounts, too.
It would also be a good idea to report this affiliate spammer’s name to the site they’re spamming in order to get fees from. Might be able to take away their profits too.

Spammers like this one have NO excuses. The FAQ has always been clear enough.

Note to admins: if you remove the spam please feel free to remove this too

[quote user=“roninflush”] FREE $100 PARTYPOKER MONEY. NO DEPOSIT NECESSARY!

instant bankroll! [/quote]

Oh I think a deposit is necessary. A deposit of my fist to your face. Please remove this spammer from the boards… he’s posted in a ton of threads now.

The thrill of the speed of it, the fact that you might be one of the lucky ones who gets somthing really good for next to nothing. At least that is why I like and buy them.

the internet is inspiring entire new forms of *community. *

Groups of people can share information and experiences with others anywhere on the planet like never before.

Some things will eventually be understood to have been just a fad; others will become part of the new fabric of society. Only time will tell which is which.

It’s exciting to participate in something that’s never quite happened before, no matter how silly and useless. But then sometimes silly and useless is an end in itself.

I think I understand now, thanks guys.

I’ve gotten a DVD drive, floppy drive, priority pucks make good presents, and this big airplane/car/boat thing. I’ve nothing to complain about with my BOCs.

I CAN COMPLAIN!!! I only got to but a BOC ONCE!!! (and it was all crap (including a toilet bowl flap, appropriately!)
They sell out faster than anything. I’m on the east coast so WOOTs start at 1:00am. I need more…like someone gave me a hit of crack and now I cant stop!

anything rewarding being on the first page when a new item comes out?? i dont get it…

Nope, besides being recognized as an idiot who has nothing better to do. (unless you’re pete, whose posts are actually somewhat useful, as they provide information about the woot, and a communication topic regarding spamming the message boards for the next few pages)

FREE $100 PARTYPOKER MONEY. NO DEPOSIT NECESSARY!

instant bankroll!

I hope spammers not only get their posts removed, but their accounts, too.
It would also be a good idea to report this affiliate spammer’s name to the site they’re spamming in order to get fees from. Might be able to take away their profits too.

Spammers like this one have NO excuses. The FAQ has always been clear enough.

Note to admins: if you remove the spam please feel free to remove this too

Oh I think a deposit is necessary. A deposit of my fist to your face. Please remove this spammer from the boards… he’s posted in a ton of threads now.