Why does Woot Not Respond to email?

It gives all of the Wooters a false sense of security thinking that there might be someone at Woot to assist in defective product returns or mailing issues. Whatever the matter is, be aware that when you purchase from Woot and try to contact them through service@woot.com, they do not respond. This really makes me rethink ANY future purchases from Woot. Apparently I’m not alone here, there are many threads from other Wooters complain about the same thing. There is enough time being spent on writing some truly hilarious product descriptions. How about giving a bit of that effort and focus to writing email responses and helping the people who are buying the products? Maybe that should be their next contest - Who this month will actually get a reply from service@woot.com? The prize - Knowing you are one of a very privileged few!

A simple statistic would probably answer that question.

Can any Woot rep give an idea of how many messages the service mail account gets per day? My guess is it’s quite a lot more than most people would expect, but who knows.

Customer service in general is a very expensive part of running a business. Part of Woot’s cheap pricing is probably by trimming down things like that to a minimum. Sure you’ve got honest people that get bad products at times, but you also have a lot of :

• Compatibility questions
  • people that broke it on their own and try to convince stores that it came like that
  • People that buy a product to use for a day or two then return it claiming a problem
  • People simply having buyer’s remorse and somehow thinking it’s the store’s fault.
  • General product questions.
  • and so on.

I imagine it’s really tough to create a support policy that doesn’t cost fortunes yet still takes care of the legitimate issues. I wonder if there’s any way to filter the mail coming in to service@woot.com.

A simple statistic would probably answer that question.

Can any Woot rep give an idea of how many messages the service mail account gets per day? My guess is it’s quite a lot more than most people would expect, but who knows.

Customer service in general is a very expensive part of running a business. Part of Woot’s cheap pricing is probably by trimming down things like that to a minimum. Sure you’ve got honest people that get bad products at times, but you also have a lot of :

• Compatibility questions
  • people that broke it on their own and try to convince stores that it came like that
  • People that buy a product to use for a day or two then return it claiming a problem
  • People simply having buyer’s remorse and somehow thinking it’s the store’s fault.
  • General product questions.
  • and so on.

I imagine it’s really tough to create a support policy that doesn’t cost fortunes yet still takes care of the legitimate issues. I wonder if there’s any way to filter the mail coming in to service@woot.com.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9966/cray3ak.jpg

woot not respond us?