Why FEDEX Ground? FEDUP with FEDEX!

Thanks for the input. We have basically been in non-stop freight negotiations since inception, due to our growth - input like this does help us. One thought I’ve had is potentially implimenting a suggestive preference from woot or ideally an incentive (slight discount) for people to have their woots delivered at work. primary reason is that all carriers (except USPS) charge slightly more for home delivery - secondary sneakier reason is that we think word of mouth opportunity is greater for us if woots are allowed to be delivered at your office.

The only problem, with this is not everybodies work will let them get personal packages delivered at work. I know I’d get in trouble. Also what if some of the wooters are too low on the totem pole in their company? I mean what if some one ordered something and no one in recieving knew who it was? I know in my company with over 1,000 employees at two facilities it could easily happen. Orders get lost after recieving all the time.

Thanks for the feedback, Snapster. However, I agree with cerealkiller. Having the package sent to work would be even more inconvenient. If you think FEDEX, UPS, and USPS is bad, my company’s receiving department has been known to lose stuff quite often, sometimes temporarily, sometimes permanently. The package tracking is pretty manual after it arrives at our large company. Sometime I have to wait for 2 weeks before a package arrives at my office. How about not requiring a signature for packages? At least let that be an option for the buyer. As for free advertising for Woot!, I would be happy to wear a nice Woot! polo shirt to work. I would even buy it as a Woot! item. People are always trading for the t-shirts that come in the BOC. Unfortunately, I cannot wear a t-shirt to work. Also, the Large size is a bit snug on me. Got an XL to trade?

Fedex let’s me pick up my personal packages if the delivery fails. I routinely picked up Packages in South Holland Illinois when ordering - you bring the failed delivery tag after the 4 or 5 pm delivery, and it takes maybe five minutes to get it.

Only time it was a hassle was when their computer system went down - came up right before I was going to leave.

Other than the Katrina effect where the packages went over gods green earth - I’ve been more than satisfied with Fedex shipping and woot.

Keep in mind FEDEX and FEDEX Ground are two seperate entities. Differnt distribution centers (depending on area) and all.

I think the OPTION to deliever to your work place for a small discount would be great. I already have it delivered to my workplace, but beyond that, might as well tie packages to a turtles ass rather then ship with FEDEX Ground IMHO.

Are you talking about FEDEX Ground or FEDEX? I have picked up FEDEX pacakges at their facility with no problems. It’s their FEDEX Ground service that does not offer a pick-up option. If your location allows you pick up FEDEX Ground packages, you’re lucky. Even UPS’s website allows you to request for pick-up online and a live person will call you back for a time to go pick up your packages. FEDEX ground is not an option online or calling in. At least that’s what they tell me when I call.

Delivery failed? I’m not sure what that means. All I know is that after their third unsuccessful attemp to deliver, they are supposed to return the package to the sender.

Come to think of it, my last Bag 'O Crapola was just left on my doorstep. I don’t remember how it was shipped.

I have received packages via FEDEX Home before. Even on a Saturday!

None of mine ever required (or even waited for) a signature.

I’ve never had a problem with FedEx, but then again you really shouldn’t mess with employees. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like the fact that I have to sign for a package! I live in a large apartment complex, and the idiot delivery folks are always leaving boxes in the public lobby for anyone to swipe. I’ve lost almost a dozen packages - and one of them was the Rio Chiba I ordered from Woot! I haven’t lost any since the signature requirement. (And I now have them sent to work.)

My only wish is that I could choose which company it is shipped by. I prefer USPS because of convenience most of the time, but I prefer the choice.

I prefer UPS. Lucky I live in a decent neighborhood right now (private, gated area with a bunch of old people) so they just leave the boxes on our front porch. Hell, they left my computer there when it came. Was sitting there for four hours before I got home.
That and if they didn’t leave something on our porch, they’d usually come back at the end of their delivery run to see if anyone was home.

As a former FedEx Ground Employee, I would have to say, I HATE FEDEX GROUND!!! I must refrain from going into a political rant against them though.

Lonnis. What is the down-low with that company. Why you hate them so much? Can’t you tell us some secrets?

I have the same problem with not being home during the day to sign for the package. Nor can I send packages to a work address, because I’m self employed and work out of my client’s offices.

But I wouldn’t go as far as to blame FedEx or woot for that. Instead, I make do with what I have. Between, friends, neighbors and acquaintances someone has an address that I can ship to. Sometimes I even go as far as sending crap to my family, but they always tell me they didn’t receive it. Then I see my father dressing up the Furbie that he “never received”.

I don’t know which part of that statement worries me more. I mean, having your own family say they didn’t recieve something is a little low, but having a father who decides that dressing up a Furbie would be a good idea…shudders

I know my Woot’s arrived by the apocolpyse of dogs breaking loose upstairs at 8:30AM. The Fex-Ex guy, as a rule, pounds on my landlord’s door like he’s with the DEA or something before he goes around to my apartment. The UPS guy, on the other hand, is a sweet middle aged man who delivers like an assassin and makes me sign nothing. I’ve only seen him once and I have stuff delivered almost every week.

Clever writing!

Great SN as well.

Fedex and Fedex ground are cheaper than ups because ups charges a “fuel surcharge” making their service more expensive

I’m glad Woot ships with FedEx. I’m able to pickup my packages 5 minutes away, along the way for me to go to a major freeway anyway, instead of going to the UPS center half an hour away, out of the way, and half an hour to get back to where I live.

Despite your hassle with the signature thing it’s a well-proven fact that FEDEX ground PWNS ALL.

What does “PWNS ALL” mean?