Why force me to use a mobile app?

But they ARE for the app only deals…

:thinking:

2 Likes

Well, yes. That’s true. There are a few things you can’t do outside of the app.

1 Like

You can do so if you choose. They lost a customer because the competition is in fact better for the same amount of money. My IT relatives were polite but consider Fire devices to be poor. The latest are garbage antiquated spec devices compared to their competition. Not close in speed or resolution. Junk SoC CPUs by a company that has some of the slowest processors.

1 Like

I love you so much right now.

4 Likes

Thank you. That is why Woot needs to decide to support devices or make lame excuses that they cannot afford programmers. How much does it cost to pay a programmer vs the opportunity costs of missed sales that did not happen?

1 Like

I need to know YOUR configuration(s) though. Not the specs. I need the information I requested.

All businesses have to weigh the cost vs benefit of everything they do. Woot is no different. If we could afford to do everything, we’d have a search bar.

3 Likes

:snicker: we don’t need no steenkin’ search bars.

We’ve got @lichme (celebrated wooter featured in various web shows)

3 Likes

Given that Woot has priced things below cost from time to time, missing additional sales is actually a benefit to them!

4 Likes

Woot sometimes sells stuff at a loss?

Wait…
Is this one of those situations where they can make money due to quantity?

3 Likes
3 Likes

@WootyBot fortune

2 Likes

:crystal_ball: Better not tell you now

3 Likes

I have all three HDX tablets and gifted them with current regret to IT tech relatives (they were polite but meh and now I have to realize why).

I am sorry but I have supplied the information you requested. Those are further detailed in full specs on the Amazon sites I shared, that an app developer for an Amazon affiliate site should know to reference.

HDX 8.9 2013" and HSX 7" 2013 have Fire OS 4.5.5.3
4.5.5.3 – latest version for some tablets released in 2013, Kindle Fire HDX (3rd Generation), Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" (3rd Generation), Kindle Fire HD (3rd Generation) It is the one that needs support because it is an unstable fork of Android OS 4.4.3

HDX 8.9" 2014 has Fire OS that is OK for Woot app (but marginal compatibility for some other apps)
That is the same version for Fire (5th and 7th Generation), Fire HD 6 (4th Generation), Fire HD 7 (4th Generation), Fire HD 8 (5th, 6th, and 7th Generation), Fire HDX 8.9 (4th Generation), and Fire HD 10 (5th and 7th Generation i.e. 2017 ed). That’s quite recent and Woot does not even sell the 2014 HDX model yet
All the versions here: Fire OS - Wikipedia
All the specs here: Fire Tablet Device Specifications: Overview | Fire Tablets

I also stated API Level 22 for 2014 model and Android 4.4.2, API Level 19 for the 2013 model which they neglected to consider.

1 Like

1 Like

Yes that is true I mean I don’t disagree with you. The longer stuff gets supported the better for the consumers. But the iOS app store has so much market share compared to fire OS that it’s not exactly apples to apples

And apple, for all its flaws, does a very good job of keeping it stuff updated for a long time. For instance the iPhone 6 is still supported.