Why isn't there a search option?

Was just wondering why there isn’t a search option or am I just not seeing it? There are usually over 3,000 items and it’s not easy to scroll through everything

1 Like
  • Never had time
  • Something more important always came up
  • We like you to browse so you’ll buy something else
  • All of the above

0 voters

5 Likes
Click here for a secret!

When I’m looking for specific things or want to find something I saw before but don’t remember what category it was in, I come to the forums and do the following:

1. Click the magnifying glass at the top right
    If you don’t know what a magnifying glass is, it’s this thing:
  1. In the search bar, enter Deal Chatter and then your search terms with a + before each term ensuring to put a space before the + (e.g. Deal Chatter +dewalt +drill)
  1. Press Enter (or the equivalent on your device)
  1. Press More at the bottom of the list
  1. Change Sort By to Latest Post
  1. Click on the links to whatever you’re interested in and buy it if you want it/if still available

:w_devil: If you ever feel like being particularly disappointed by woot, just enter www.woot.com/random as a url in your internet browser and it’ll bring you to a random item you probably never wanted. Want extra disappointment? Enter that url again and it might show you another random item that you also probably don’t want. :exploding_head:

7 Likes

It’s voice activated. Just say the password into your internet device’s listening hole, wait a minute, reboot, log-in, log-in again, and again, then reset your password, pick only bicycles, and ask for the thing you’re looking for.

The answer might show up here.

3 Likes

CONGRATS YOU ARE THE BILLIONTH WOOTER TO ASK THIS QUESTION.

YOU WIN!
(nothing).

5 Likes

How come nobody has EVER asked before?

5 Likes

Tony Soprano Nothing GIF

5 Likes

Well, for reasons cough cough netflix everyone knows the password.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Why all the smart ass answers? Grow up, all I did was ask a question. I’ve never seen it asked before I’m not in the forum much. Hope you all are proud of yourselves for acting like an ass to someone in a forum meant for asking questions :clap::clap:

6 Likes

Ha ha… I think the search thing is kinda a touchy subject around here. There is wootsearch.com (unaffiliated)… it works pretty well. Or you could always request an API key and write your own personal search tool like I did (if programming is your thing).

2 Likes

Personally I like the 3rd party site wootstalker.com

But really jf, your question was asked many, many times before.

2 Likes

Seems a little behind… and I get a uBlock Origin warning clicking on any of the links (which are pretty much all sold out items).

1 Like

Huh. I haven’t looked lately. I usually just use the forum thread search actually.

2 Likes

Right on… yeah I do remember that one though. And it’s not super far behind, so maybe it still kinda works. Not sure about that weird redirect domain it’s going through though. Seems odd. I actually have a python script that checks the site every hour looking for keywords I put in a text file when I’m looking for something specific, then it just sends me a text if it finds a match. Wrote it years ago for some other daily deal sites, and finally copied it for woot! a few months ago. It’s pretty handy.

1 Like

Last time this came up, wootsearch was down whereas wootstalker was up. Woot is just so gangly with all the different items and sellouts…

2 Likes

I do remember that happening just like a week ago when I was doing a quick search for some speakers. Probably wasn’t a woot! issue though… they never have server problems :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Oh gosh no!

I gotta be honest though… if I ever lose my current job, I’d probably beg woot! to hire me. I love this place, and I love programming. I think I could maybe do a little good for them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep, this checks out.

Yep Reaction GIF

Stick around and have some fun.

1 Like