Why not Canada?

Why can’t Canadians get involved in this? I mean I understand shipping would cost more…but I have an American address as well, just my only two credit cards are for my CDN address.

that’s a good point.
i guess the billing address was just the best way to prevent stray orders from the party upstairs that don’t have american shipping addresses.
we’ll see what the codeslaves say.

that’s a good point.
i guess the billing address was just the best way to prevent stray orders from the party upstairs that don’t have american shipping addresses.
we’ll see what the codeslaves say.

Lets bring back the old threads. Why can’t Canadians get involved? Heck their dollar is stronger than ours!

PM

You can use paypal to pay if you have a Canadian credit card. I do it all the time.

I’d love for w00t to start shipping to Canada. Even if shipping was 12$ + potential taxes at the border circa 5$ + 15%, it would still be worth it most of the time.

I think because it would cost too much to ship to Canada.

Discuss.

How far is everyone from the border? You can always get a P.O. box

You have no idea what prices are like up here. The zune is a classic case and point. Cheapest I’ve seen here is 250$. Even if you charged me 50$ shipping, it would still be worth w00ting. Another example is cell phones. I’ve seen unlocked phones on w00t for 100$… I doubt I could find those here for less than 250$.

The biggest problem with Canada is that out border charges us when we import stuff. It’s very random, sometimes they charge , sometimes they don’t… it seems to be that for stuff less than 30$ they don’t bother. Usually, if shipped via USPS (e.g. routed to Canada Post), they charge Canadians 5$ handling + 15% of the item’s value. Really sucks for us… but in many cases, it’s still worth it! (especially ig they don’t bother charging!).

I can personally guarantee that if w00t started to ship to canada a LARGE portion of their business would go north. However, that might not please everyone, because faster sellouts.

If it wasn’t for hassle of having to import items manually, I myself would probably buy every 1 out of 5 woots.

The fine people of Canada could always just make threatening gestures towards the US. The current administration would see it as a sign of terrorism, occupy the lands of our Northern brothers, and annex it as a territory.

Problem solved.

Add in the fact that their currency is currently worth more and it is a win/win proposition.

HAHAHAHAHAHAhahahaahahahahahahahaha . . . once the New World Order is in place (give or take 6-8 weeks), woot! will be compelled to ship world-wide for U.S. $5.00 . . . whether they want to or not . . . HAHAHAHAHAHAhahahaahahahahahahahaha . . hahahahaha . . . hahahah . . . ha ha . . .

(ahem) . . . well, perhaps not.