Why the rampant price inflation on Woot suddenly? Same day & same items but prices fluctuating higher!

I have been using Woot for quite some time and never seen price changes like this. I looked at an item, deliberated a short and came back less than an hour later to find a higher price. Sadly that’s one of many items I’ve noticed this happening to. That example was just the most impressionable one.

What example? I’m seeing price drops EVERYWHERE!

So do you have some example links?

Hi there. I’d like to see an example. I can’t think of a sale where we’ve raised a price. We have a lot of similar products. Maybe you’re looking at a different one?

Algorithms!

1 Like

ACDelco 15-5378 GM Original Equipment Air Conditioning Orifice Tube. $2.77

https://tools.woot.com/offers/acdelco-gm-oem-tube-8?ref=w_all_9

Outrageous pricing! It’s at least 2 bits too expensive for your basic Orifice Tube!

1 Like

We don’t have automated pricing. It would have to be manually changed.

Who sets the pricing for all those sales that were too high so Woot pulls it or lowers the price?

Mr. Al Gorithm

1 Like

The amazon/clearance items are calculated as a percentage off the price of that ASIN. Unfortunately, that tool doesn’t look to see if there are other ASINs for the same product or comps at other sites. It can also be priced out a week or more before going live and the price can change in that time.

1 Like

Which explains why tp was so overpriced that one time. Cool

1 Like

No it doesn’t

1 Like

Fine, I won’t let them off the hook!!

1 Like