Wi-Ex Zboost Cell Phone Extender PCS Networks

Does this work with a trac fone or metro pcs?

Will this work if I try to use it on an airplane?

I have OSx Liger on my Mac Book Semipro, will this work for me?

my sprint blackberry consistently has a really poor signal in my home office. not sure if i’m willing to drop $155 and find out that it doesn’t help.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It works with cell phones.

As horrid as AT&T reception is, they should include one with any iPhone purchase.

i’ve actually got one of these and fwiw it does work pretty well if…

1. there is someplace to mount the main antenna that does get a good signal
  2. you’re within 100 feet clear or 30-40 feet through walls of the transmitter
    for me i get great reception in my attic and horrible in my basement, this totally did the trick.

Sure but you have to buy 3

Does the signal antenna thingy need to be mounted outside for an effective signal boost?

Not the same thing. That one just worked with Sprint networks - this one works with all carriers.

See technical details here.

Does this work with a Motorola Micro-Tac DPC 550?

I have the XY500 version of this which does only 1900MHz. 1900MHz is T-Mobile’s GSM band. I live in a “dead spot” in T-Mo’s coverage and this got me from 1-1.5 bars to 4-5. It’s not perfect but it did improve my signal.

I noticed that it caused interference with the my alarm system’s cellular backup module which is on AT&T’s GSM frequencies and eventually disconnected it in lieu of T-Mo’s wi-fi calling available on some of their Android phones.

(don’t work for T-Mo…just a long-time customer)

My in-laws seriously need these in both their houses. They get no cell signal inside the house and one bar on their deck. Too bad we don’t have that much money available.

You need internet service to use the Microcell and with this you don’t.

Yes, but it “extends” by sending the call over your own internet connection, whereas this appears to be a straight up signal repeater. Could this be used/hijacked for a man-in-the-middle attack?

No, this is not a GSM booster. It only works for PCS networks.

If you have a PCS phone, you should just change providers.

/thread

If I had the money I would buy one of these and install it at work. A phone that properly works still doesn’t help you when you work inside a metal building where cellphone signals don’t penetrate more than 6’ from an outside wall or 12’ if you’re next to a window. Sadly my desk isn’t within either of those ranges.

From the reviews I’ve read before, the unit works great, the coax that comes with it is garbage. Do yourself a favor and buy some standard RG6 coax to do your antenna install with.

Do you know where I can buy a 3 watt car kit for that?