Will you watch the inevitable Star Trek movie reboot?

Will you watch the inevitable Star Trek movie reboot?

There is one already in the works bringing back Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, and the whole cast with the exception of Anton Yelchin who is sadly no longer alive. It is set to premier 12/22/23. It was announced at the Paramount investors event in February 2022.

6 Likes

Season 3 Discovery GIF by Paramount+

4 Likes

Trek On…
As long as the stay away from time travel
to an older earth!
That’s been beaten to death already !
They could meet Obi-Wan in the future :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

:vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Yes! I’ll totally spend a couple hours watching this face :point_down:
chris pine GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

3 Likes

Stargate is the best “star” franchise, and I’m excited for the new series that’s been discussed for awhile.

3 Likes

The great thing about Star Trek is there can be minimal continuity between movies. Don’t get me wrong they try, and Trekies have their favorite characters and story arcs. However, they can be fairly enjoyable with loose connection of Star Fleet with exploratory mission.

Unlike a certain Star franchise that forces continuity to point of failure that no force in existence can help…

Still why must Wootbot keep triggering the same song…

3 Likes

What no repopulating earth with extinct animals to head off destruction by floating space mass?

The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy Whale GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

Yet, it strangely only travels between planets and not suns. Reboot as Planet-Gate.

stargate atlantis television GIF

Ok, i will show myself out. Geez no Star Fleet Captain ever kick some one off the bridge like that.

1 Like

Old man was pretty old, wanted to see a movie, so we went to the Lone Ranger/Depp reboot, and we were both pretty bummed, him more so as that was his era (along with original Trek, I was a TNG guy in my late teens)
We’d been waffling between that and the Trek/Pine reboot, and the next day I kind of insisted we see Trek.
I thought it was fantastic, but the old man, jeez, I thought he was going to cry from pure happiness.
He didn’t make it to the 2nd one, but I’m sure glad he got to see that 1st reboot on the big screen.

5 Likes

I would sooner watch a western featuring Spock.

3 Likes

Eventually, when it hits whatever streaming service I am using. Or TV, whichever comes first.

2 Likes

I like Star Trek but likely will not watch another reboot.

1 Like

Eventually.
Some of the series original plots never can be forgotten.
Theo movies aren’t quite as impressive to me.
Happy Wooting!

1 Like

star trek android GIF

1 Like

It depends if its story drive not visually driven.

No. Star Trek is dead. It died in 2005, when Enterprise was canceled. All of the movies and TV shows since then have been bad fanfiction.

2 Likes

Teleport?

I would have accepted ‘Transport’ or ‘Beam’.

Seriously, people.