Windchaser Iceman Portable Ice Maker

My point is even if you use ice often, like a tray a night. If your freezer breaks say once a year for 5 years and you buy 3 dollar bags of ice. That is 15 bucks. even twice a year 30 bucks…Who uses that much ice besides business, addict pop drinkers, or alcoholics. Oh or people who eat a lot of smoothies I guess…

I seriously want the hell out of this, but the last thing I need is another unitasker.

I am watching Top Gun right now.

We bought one of these when the Hubs had surgery, and they sent home a cooler unit to help keep the swelling down post-surgery.

That little sucker ate ice like nobody’s business. Our fridge had no hope of keeping up, and going to the QT for ice every day was getting old, fast.

So, I bought one of these. These little units make “soft” ice, which means that if you love to chew ice, you will love what this produces.

Because the ice is just barely frozen, it will melt fast. What I learned was that if I bagged the ice about every 20 to 30 minutes, and popped it into the deep freeze, it would freeze really solid, and it would work really well with the cooler unit.

I highly recommend it - especially if you have lots of parties. We kept ours, and now we start making ice the day before the party, and have plenty on hand.

Would be handy at Crab Park on the eve of day 2of the Kinetic Sculpture Grand Championship… If anyone cared enough to want ice.

These are great in an RV or camping. They really come in handy at parties!

would love to have ice on hand when i wanted it, but 90 bucks is a bit much. Save up for the fridge that dispenses it.

Lots of mixed reviews. Would love to have a small commercial grade unit in my garage one day. The Icemaker cometh!

People who spend a lot of time at the lake far away from QT or any other convenience.

The ad at the bottom of my page is for an air conditioner/ice maker company… I smell a conspiracy =O

110VAC or 12VDC? Is this portable as far as an extension cord?

Ooooh, soft ice? Why why why must you tempt me so?

Come on people… yeah you get get a big bag of ice for 2 bucks… after 45 inconvenient trips to the store… this thing payed for itself… If you aren’t able to use an ice maker more than 45 times… you need more friends… a lot more.

Wow great point. I love Ice! Ice is great, better than Dentistry.

Anyone know the wattage on this thing? I wanna know if my solar panel will keep up. Thanks.

3 bucks for 5 lb, 22 pounds a day, paid for in less than 5 days.

This is the perfect addition to the bar in my office. Also going to be great for camping.

In for one.

sorry I guess I did not get my point across. Who the heck uses on average (not talking about the 3 times a year party and twice a year camping trip)this much ice? If you use 2 or 3 more trays of ice a day or heck in 2 days then you are either watering down all your drinks, or heck I have no idea… I guess I could never imagine using enough ice to justify buying a single 90 dollar purchase for such, when I have a freezer, and a local McD’s. I mean even for my sisters wedding we spent maybe 10-15 bucks worth of ice from McD’s and that was over doing it.

Good luck getting a fridge for anywhere near $100 that will put out 22 lbs in 24 hours.

IM A WEEKEND DESERT RATT ICE IS SOMTHING WE HAVE TO HAVE FOR DAY RUNS. AND NIGHT DRINKS . THE RV ONLY HAS A 1.5 CUBIC FOOT FREEZER THIS IS PERFECT FOR 4 DAY WEEKENDS… GOT SAND? GLAMIS CA.