Windsor Sonoma 3 Pack +1

[How good is this deal?](http://bit.ly/97QkEf" title="How good is this deal?)

It’s like buying the reds and getting the whites for free!

Click the link above for full discount details, links, etc.

I love the variety and am going to take a chance on this one. I have yet to receive a wine package that is shipped with summer conditions in mind. No ice packs in the boxes…fed ex truck is not refrigerated…sigh, what am I paying extra for?

Thanks for clarifying.

Thought it was odd how both Windsors are part of the same group of wineries and both have the same last four digits in their toll-free numbers.

ping us… any temecula wineries we should not miss… or isn’t there such a thing?

It must be Value Week here at Wine.Woot! Well in, WD and crew, but I’m not much of a sauv blanc fan. Also, I’m officially out of space on my wine rack. Plenty of drinking between now and student loan disbursement, though. :smiley:

WD doesn’t get to take an August recess, and has to keep the Woot elves scrivening.

I would make sure sure you hit up Stuart Cellars, they had the best wine I tasted out of 11 winery’s I visited over a weekend in mid July.

I also enjoyed Wiens and Lyonesse they had some good blends. If you want a cool experience go to Palumbo and chat up the woman running the very small tasting room. It’s a small winery and its run by a husband and wife with four kids and 1 other employee. Definitely a different experience from the bigger producers. But it is off the beaten path.

The wineries are all located along a couple of roads I would look up and print off a map.
[link]http://www.temeculawines.org/about-us/maps.php[/link]

If you don’t have a DD, then whoever is driving should watch how much they consume because the cops tend to do sobriety check points later in the day for people coming back into Temecula from the Wineries.

Have a great day and drink lots of water, it’s going to be hot down there.

As I remember, we enjoyed all 3 of the wines in the previous Windsor Sonoma Woot offering from almost 3 years ago and one of those was the Sauvignon Blanc.

What intrigues me most about this offer is the age on all of the wines. All of these are a year or so past what most producers have for release right now. I’d love to hear from the winery on how these are holding up so far.

Given that the varieties are right, the price is great (given the AVA’s even the retail prices seem reasonable), and I like a little age on my wine I’m sure I’ll be in. Just trying decide how much I want at this point.

I was thinking this as well.
I like the vintage on the red’s but should I be buying a 2007 SB in 2010? Seems like it would have lost some freshness by now.

Good morning! Let me introduce myself—I am Katie and I work for Vintage Wine Estates: parent company to Windsor Sonoma and other wineries including: Napa’s Girard Winery, StoneFly Vineyards, Sonoma Coast Vineyards, Windsor Vineyards, Grove Street Winery, Sexy Wine Bomb and International Wine Accessories. So yes, Windsor Sonoma and Windsor Vineyards are part of the same company, but they are two entirely different wineries, as our each of the Vintage Wine Estates wineries. However, it does explain why there are certain similarities with the websites and with our 800#.

To answer some of the other questions out there, I went right to the source—our head winemaker, Marco DiGiulio (or as he prefers to be called Chief Winemaking Overlord)—he’s right down the hall from me and was able to provide some good clarification on some of the questions.

Reds/high alcohol content/”old-world” vs “California”?:
We feel like the wines are somewhere in between—they’re not overly ripe, we strive for balance in all the wines we make. Even in cases where the alcohol might seem a little elevated (depending on your perspective :-), there’s usually enough fruit body and acid to counterbalance. These two reds are perfect examples. Personally, I (katie) was just drinking this AV Cab last night at Healdsburg’s Music on the Square with a sourdough baguette and olive tapenede and it was delicious.

Windsor Sonoma’s Dry Creek Zin vs. Pedroncelli’s:
I can’t honestly tell you how the two compare, but my little brother is working for Pedroncelli this summer and the grandson of one of the owners plays on my Healdsburg winery league softball team (game tonight). I’ll see what I can find out—maybe we can do a dugout side-by-side tasting.

To Phil Sandifer who doesn’t “usually like Cab Sav,” A native Healdsburg/Dry Creek kind of a gal, I am a huge fan of Dry Creek ZIns and this doesn’t disappoint. And as I’ve mentioned I was just drinking the Cab last night. Being a 2005, the tannins have mellowed considerably, really just there offering a bit of structure and a hint of complexity, but really the fruit in this wine is the star right now. If you’re typically a Zin fan I’d recommend checking this Cab out—it really actually might change the way you feel about Cabs.

To timmyjwoot curious about the age on the wines: They’re holding up great. A little bit of bottle age has really brought these wines into great focus, they’re definitely in their prime right now and should hold on (the reds especially) should be good for another 4 to 5 years with proper cellaring.

FYI—one of the reasons we’re moving these wines is that we’ve re-designed the label art. We loved this label, in fact, it was designed by David Hughes a talented wine country designer who’s done work for the French Laundry among other esteemed clients, however we’ve decided to take a different approach with the art. So know that you’re getting the last of this design (which I personally love—especially the orange with the purple lettering. And it was great because the leaf on each varietal is representative of that exact varietal—not just one leaf fits all.)

I will do my best to keep addressing your questions with my own takes and by tapping into the expertise of Marco.

A native Healdsburg/Dry Creek kind of a gal, I am a huge fan of Dry Creek ZIns myself and this doesn’t disappoint. And as I’ve mentioned I was just drinking the Cab last night. Being a 2005, the tannins have mellowed considerably, really just there offering a bit of structure and a hint of complexity, but really the fruit in this wine is the star right now. If you’re typically a Zin fan I’d recommend checking this Cab out—it really actually might change the way you feel about Cabs.

They’re holding up great. A little bit of bottle age has really brought these wines into great focus, they’re definitely in their prime right now and should hold on (the reds especially) should be good for another 4 to 5 years with proper cellaring.

FYI—one of the reasons we’re moving these wines (actually the main one, it has nothing to do with quality) is that we’ve re-designed the label art. We loved this label, in fact, it was designed by David Hughes a talented wine country designer who’s done work for the French Laundry among other esteemed clients, however we’ve decided to take a different approach with the art. So know that you’re getting the last of this design (which I personally love—especially the orange with the purple lettering. And it was great because the leaf on each varietal is representative of that exact varietal—not just one leaf fits all.

That was a 2006 SB when we made that offering and that was an amazing vintage–actually, both that 2006 SB and the 2006 Chard in that offering were rated by Robert Parker’ Advocate–the SB was rated a 90 and the Chard a 91. This SB is the same winemaker and same vineyards.

still holding up great with nice, crisp freshness. We received some decent reviews on this SB:

From Copley News Service:
90 points
“Winemaker Marco DiGiulio has probed his mettle with crisp, aromatic whites, notably at Girard and Pepi. This latest addition to the DiGiulio portfolio is thanks largely to the acquisition of Windsor Vineyards by Pat Roney, who also owns Girard. The label and the wines have undergone a makeover, and this Russian River Valley sauvignon blanc is classic DiGiulio – multifaceted and well balanced; crisp and refreshing, yet with the complexity and depth to handle sophisticated cuisine. The dominant fruit flavor is white peach, though pungent citrus notes are more than just background noise, and there is the mouthwatering acidity that is so essential to delicious sauvignon.”

from HometownAnnapolis.com:
“We loved the aromatics of this expressive, exotic sauvignon blanc. Varietal grapefruit and apple notes with a crisp finish. The winery, owned by Patrick Roney, is focused on ultra-premium wines and has the winemaking talents of Marco DiGulio - also the winemaker at Girard.”

If you haven’t seen my post–wanted to point out that Windsor Sonoma is part of Vintage Wine Estates, as is Napa’s Girard Winery, StoneFly Vineyards, Sonoma Coast Vineyards, Grove Street Winery, Windsor Vineyards, Sexy Wine Bomb and International Wine Accessories. So that is why we share an 800# and similar website style. However, each of the wineries are completely their own beings.

I was reading some of the posts on that thread and interestingly enough I stumbled across what looks like one of RPM’s first posts. WD commented “who is this guy I hope he stays around”

Cheers!

No more than four bottles of wine for fifty dollars shipped is asking of my wallet. Money is tight, space is tight, and other than the Zinfandel these don’t fill a noticeable hole in my wine rack. All the same, I recognize that four bottles of wine for fifty dollars shipped is a good deal - so I’m hoping that someone can convince me that there’s something that sets these apart from the pack.

Only been to California once (about 7 years ago) for my cousin’s wedding. My daughter and I were killing time before the wedding and went to several of the Temecula wineries- I especaily like Hart and their premium Cab was great. We were the only ones in the tasting room (small) and the lady was surprised that we wanted to do a tasting. She said “it’s only 10 AM”) we replied it’s 1 PM where we live and we have to be at a wedding by noon so this is what we have to work with. Anyway - I liked their wine not a fancy place at all.

I buy everything Healdsburg. Great town been there many times, might even move there one day.