1 Windsor Sonoma, Dry Creek Valley, Zinfandel, 2007
1 Windsor Sonoma, Alexander Valley, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2005
1 Wooden Gift Box
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offers:
8/4/10
11/22/07

Is no one interested in this? why no comments?

I’ve taken a vow of silence because I missed the D’ontspille by a nano-click.

It scares me for some reason.

Because it’s only been up for half an hour on a Sunday afternoon. I’d guess relatively few people have seen it yet.

I’m considering.

I’m sure we’ll hear from folks who are familar with the wine or winery. Still early…only 1030 a.m. out West,for example…and a Sunday morning as well so Wooters aren’t used to checking the site at this day/time. Tune back in in 2 or 3 hours.

Lower price than last time offered:

$45.99 + $7.00 shipping

but last time was 4 bottles:

2 2007 Russian River Valley Sauvignon Blanc
1 2005 Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
1 2006 Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel

This is 1 less bottle of the SB than last time. (BTW as a 2007 the SB is fading fast, drink Immediately!) And the Zin is now an 07 instead of an 06’.
I enjoyed both of the reds quite a bit and thought they were a good value at the price but I found both of the bottles of SB dead on day two kept overnight in the fridge.

My cellar tracker notes
06’ Zin
11/26/2010: Opens with a bit of spice on the nose which quickly gives way to loads of dark fruit.
On the palate it feels a little fuller than your typical zin. but remains very much a food wine going excellent with a BBQ Tri-tip with a southwestern marinade.
Medium finish and beautiful garnet in color. Recommended.

05’ cab.
10/01/10:
Very tasty! I enjoyed this tremendously with a NY Steak and Chimichuri. Great nose and nice complex set of flavors. medium finish. Great buy at around $15

I made no notes on the Sauvignon Blanc.

Two Questions:

1. Am I correct in thinking that Sonoma Zins tend to be a cut above the rest? (Or is it just because I love Ravenswood and they happen to be in Sonoma?)

2. I have had 3 x 2005 Sonoma CS wines, all of which have been fantastic. Do I have reason to believe this will be as tasty as those?

Windsor has been around a fairly long time. They’re active in the private label market and have always made very decent, but not distinguished wines. I’d guess this represents fair value of these wines, though I agree that a 2007 Sauvignon Blanc at this level is probably a candidate for prompt drinking.

Historically, Zinfandel has thrived in Sonoma County (both Sonoma Valley and up-County around Healdsburg and up towards Asti) and was predominant there. Napa Zinfandel at its best is probably better - if you like elegant wines - but Sonoma Zinfandels are wonderful. Cabernet Sauvignon was early on recognized as making far more distinguished wine in the Napa Valley than was Zinfandel.

After Prohibition, lots of Zinfandel was planted in both counties, and a fair bit survived from before Prohibition, but as the wine revolution got underway, and the demand for Napa Cabernet took off, quite a bit of the Zinfandel in Napa was either grafted over to Cabernet or, if the vineyards were aging out (35-40 unless you’re willing to live with low yields for quality), replanted with Cabernet.

The wooden box, once emptied of wine, provides great functionality for storing excess light bulbs.

I have had nothing but bad experiences with their privately labeled wines, which represent dull and insipid offerings at their price points. They’re made for gifting, not drinking.

Their woot cellars offering, “Reboot”, was the only woot labeled bottle that actually offended me, I thought it was so bad.

Looks like you have 50 quality posts now… you’ll need to update your signature :slight_smile:

Almost 7pm here in the East.

It is never too early for a clue !

(or does Gift Week continue?)

Are those crickets I hear?

Have you had their wines?

If not, that’s a pretty crass and inappropriate comment.

I’ve been a Wooter for for than 3 years. I’m closing in on that “100’th Woot”.

My 6th Woot was the Windsor Somona 3-pack.

Nice deal folks - good wine.