Wine Check and Wine Diaper Travel Kit

Todd,

I already have 2 wine checks and love them. Are the diapers also from your company and are they available separately?

Not from us, no - winewoot wanted to kit them together, as it is a good fit. I like them, and need to get some for my own travels, though!

YMMV. I brought half a case home from Italy a few weeks ago. I mentioned it at DTW customs and the officer remarked, “that’s not alcohol” and passed me through.

Declare it to be safe. Normally they don’t worry at all about wine, ever, but if they do, the duty to pay is truly insignificant - a couple dollars for a case, typically.

1. Question for the Woot overlords:

Can we be assured to receive this before the RPM tour?

1. Question for Todd French: Any chance we can have the option of the black and the little logo? The red and that giant logo brings a bit more attention to what is in my luggage than I would like.

I usually just travel with wine in a woot! summer shipping box (those styrofoam inserts, they may outlast our species but gorramit if they aren’t lifesavers), so yeah, I think I’ll pass on this one. Looks cool, though.

If you are smart enough to travel with wine, brag about it! :slight_smile:

To date, not a single theft has been reported to us of any bottles within. I don’t think baggage handlers are hoping to steal a bottle of wine - if they are going to risk their jobs, I’d assume they’d go for electronics or jewelry, not a bottle of wine, and the only people who know how to identify a Wine Check, and assume there are goodies inside, would also recognize a shipper box, as it has such a unique shape.

Be proud you are smart enough to travel with wine!

just fyi, if you travel with a cardboard box, you have to sign a waiver because it is not ‘luggage’, which is why we just put the luggage around the shipper box! Wheels, handles, and a pull strap make it much, much easier to travel with as well, rather than making a handle out of tape or rope. Also, be hopeful it is not wet out on the tarmac, or the box will tear quickly, and the contents are at risk if the cardboard gives way and the Styro inserts fall out…

Thanks for jumping in Todd. Great to work with you.

As a frequent Wine Check user, I would add that to get a bottle of wine out of it, you would have to unzip the entire case, open the box, pull off the styro case insert. It wouldn’t be an easy target for a “quick slip” theft. Now, if I were a baggage handler and saw one of these go through, I might be tempted to lift the whole case … But I don’t think it would fit in my lunch bucket …

Glad to know some of you have used one internationally. We’re planning a trip to Italy and were debating on whether we should take it or not. Looks like it’s a Go!

Thanks again for seeing a genuine need and filling it. Cheers!

To that credit goes Shawnda (my business partner in The Wine Check), who came up with the original concept, truly seeing a need and finding a way to fill it!

totally ignore this.