Wine Filled Truffles - Gift Week

Just last night I ate a handful of chocolate chips and a small glass of wine. I didn’t feel good for about 2 hours. I know chocolate chips is not as good a chocolate as these should be but I need to pass but they sure sound good even though this morning my stomache still feels funny.

Yes. It’s wine encased with chocolate. They are really good and kinda fun to eat. Just be careful =)

ETA: ack, I was trying to reply with a quote. Here we go:

I’m wondering this too, being a GA resident myself.

able to ship to all 48 states!

had these last year, they were great

would buy more if i didn’t buy 3 of the balsamic

To those wondering if they can be shipped to GA. I believe that the restrictions are only on alcohol in a bottle… that topped with the lack of a “we can only ship to these states” disclaimer at the bottom should mean that you’re safe. <– little late on that… it seems that the woot staff beat me to it!

Hrm… I hope these are available when I get out of work… I might need to pick some up…

They’ll definitely last until Christmas, but I wouldn’t hold them until April. That’s about the time they dry up and get flaky and taste… weird…

WD, you’re killing me on this one. I think we’re getting close to having the 8th Gift of Wootmas line down. But this is HARD.

I believe the exp date is a few months … you should be plenty fine through XMAS

loved the 7th. Classic !!

“Truffle Shuffle – Gift Week, Day Three”??

We started on Monday and now it’s Thursday. Wouldn’t today be day four?

:happy: Seems like that’s how many you’ve got stashed away somewhere - a NEVER ENDING SUPPLY of decanters!

WCC Decanter Fun facts:

Since the Decanter was first offered here on wine.woot! as a side deal, it has appeared SEVEN times in side deals, THREE times as a main offering (including today), with 4 different prices.

It debuted on Nov 23, 2006 as a side deal for $27.99, its “standard” price, and has been offered as a side deal 6 times in total at that price.

On Oct 1, 2007, it was offered with a special anniversary pricing of $22.99, a price never seen again.

The previous two times it was offered as a main deal, it was $21.99, one of which was during a woot off, the other was because the Vino Noceto Quartet sold out by 8:30pm on Tuesday when it was still a strictly one-offering-per-week deal, and the w.w community clamored for another item to be sold. We stared at that decanter for DAYS.

It’s price this time around was $23.99, an unprecedented price. I assume now that it’s no longer the main offering, you can once again purchase the decanter via the link in WD’s signature for the standard pricing of $27.99 +$5 shipping.

Because there’s seven million of these things.

Yeah it was Day 3 last year for these. They recycled the description.

recycled the description? say it aint’ so, joe! say it ain’t so! I expect fresh descriptions each time, save for woot-offs.

I did buy these last year for gifts and I didn’t hear complaints for the people I gave these to.

Am I the only one who actually thinks this is not much of a deal?

<shrug> Then don’t buy. Riedel has decanters for those folks on your list who need one. Check out their prices, then we’ll see if you come back for this one.

More than $1 each for an unknown? Chocolate with Chardonnay? Seems pretty bad to me.

So the wine isn’t reduced at all, or sweetened? Chardonnay and dark chocolate does NOT sound like a good combination!

You mean all 57?

yes! perfect gift(s) . i bought 3 sets. my first wine woot

(psssst. This is the Wine-Filled Truffles thread. Decanter deal is gone-zo). :slight_smile: