Wine Grape Bonsai

Would this tree do well indoors with a southern sun exposure in Colorado?

I WANT to buy it, but don’t want to waste a perfectly good tree.

The bonsai were created from 41 year old vines

In for one… Can I labrat this? :slight_smile:

What temperatures would be best for this little guy?

Or, as my British friends would say, “What’s the woot stock?” :wink:

This is some sort of unholy convergence of wine woot and the crap WD throws at us for wine woot gift week. We’ve had bonsai before, but this is, well, it’s just wrong.

These is no root stock. They are on their own root system

Where do I find little, teeny bottles and corks for the wine I make from this baby?

So what happens when I have a phylloxera infestation at my desk? I’m going to have to set up an agricultural checkpoint at our front door.

No it wouldn’t. It would most certainly NOT be cool to do that.

How sturdy is a pinot noir root system? Aren’t varietals universally grown on more hardy root systems because their own are substandard? Maybe I’m working off ancient data, so someone clue me in. Funny, I almost picked up a copy of Wine Maker magazine today, which probably would have answered my questions.

Thanks for joining us! :happy: Want some wine?

Ok, in all seriousness, I own a lot of very mature bonsai trees and the best advice I can give you is this:

1.) Don’t fuss with it too much or it will die.
2.) Do the minimum, follow any care instructions an water it occasionally, do not over water. Over caring is the leading cause of death for most bonsai trees.
3.) If you’re in a cold environment, don’t put it against a window (touching the glass), but it near the window so it gets light but won’t freeze.
4.) Don’t forget about it either!

Nothing to worry about, it’s well over the age of consent.

Isn’t Movember MOver?

Just remember to keep your crops to under 0.0102030405 ounces per square inch for the best flavor.

Pinot Noir is a little more temperamental than other varietals. It shouldn’t be grown in places that get exceedingly warm during the summer as it prefers a cooler climate. Also, places that have frequent summer rainfall or consistently high humidity may pose a problem, as the clusters are very tight and can be prone to rot.

Rootstocks are only used to deal with some sort of problem or to control vigor. Historically, the reason is phylloxera, but other things like salt or nematodes could also be an issue. All vinifera cultivars (i.e. Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, etc.) root very well, grow rapidly, and have dense root systems.

Would it live off ambient florescent tube light in an office cubicle?

You’d do well to get 4-6 small clusters if it stayed in the pot.