Wine Theme Cookbook Three Pack - Gift Week

Yay! First time being the FIRST SUCKER!

(And first wine.woot purchase. I think I’ll get my leak frogs drunk.)

*For the Twelfth Gift of Wootmas, WineDavid offered me
Twelve Wine-Themed Recipes
Eleven New Varietals
Tenth Woot-Themed Item
Nine Wine Rack Dividers
Eight Truffle Hangovers
Seven million Decanters
Six BlindWine Game Bags
Five New Sakes!
Fourth a liter vinegar
Three wine.woot tools
Two grinding mills
and a Juniper Bonsai tree

Whoo hoooo! Excellent gifts! In for 3 … Well, 4 really … 1 gifted to Feline Carnage … :wink:

:happy: Sparky’s Da Best!

http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/1.gif

:happy:

Wine Theme Cookbook Three Pack - Gift Week
$14.99 + $5 shipping
condition: Paperback
products: 1 Wine in Everyday Cooking
1 Favorite Recipes of California Winemakers
1 Wine Lover’s Cookbook

You can get all three of these on Amazon for about $31. None of them are very recent, one goes all the way back to 1983 I believe. Reviews are very sparce but all are 4 or 5 stars.

They are all published by the Wine Appreciation Guild, I think.

Seems like a nice little collection, or excellent gifts that are likely not already in the giftees’ libraries of cookbooks.

I agree. Makes a great gift pairing with a bottle of EHP.

Nice!

2:00PM? DISHONOR! Don’t forget, you’re on Night Shift, too, pal! :wink:

These look great! Would be perfect to put into a gift basket along with the EHP in one of the gift bags and maybe even a box of Tuffles.

Well mill didn’t even hit the button until at least 2 1/2 hours after the offering was up.

Current numbers (updated each minute):
First sucker: USBmicro
Speed to first woot: 1m 10.267s
Last wooter to woot: mill

I was thinking of getting one of these myself, but I kinda need to cut back on my purchases. I should be getting at least one or two cooking books for xmas, so I shouldn’t be bothering to buy any for myself right now.

First time sucker? I’ll be the judge of that. :wink:

Congrats, P. You must be so proud.

sporfle

I know I know I was off by an hour. :frowning: I’ll be on top of it tonight!

How long do you guys think it will take to ship? I.e when can we expect to receive it?

Also has anyone ever used these cookbook? how complicated are the recipes? Do I need a lot of special ingredients and such?

FAVORITE RECIPES OF CA WINEMAKERS is very famous for many years. It was my grandmother’s and mothers most used cookbook. The copy I inherited is food stained and worn out. I could tell you there are at least a dozen FOOL- proof, recipes, each uses wine! (So as Julia use to say:," one splash for the pot and one for the cook", (gurgle gurgle) The Patti Ballard book is one of the easiest and most reliable I have ever used. It is a close to sure thing as any cookbook I have ever used. ALL RECIPES REQUIRE WINE! So you have a good excuse to open, white red, sherry, port and just about everything in the cellar.

Keep talking. I thought this was going to be an easy pass, but now I’m having second thoughts.

Well I did not think it would be an easy pass, but I didn’t think I’d end up getting three sets either.

Great gifts, these little books!

Can we get something like a willpower.woot? That would be helpful.